lingus

Should i buy advice?

My dealer told me they preferred me to do it the first 14 days because it's less bother for them. Main benefit for the you is you pay less interest because the PCP is cancelled before it starts so just pay per day.

2 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Or if you request a settlement figure is that the loan amount plus 58 days interest plus interest on the number of days you have the loan?

Yes that's basically it. Plus the final payment fee of £10 I think it is.

Ok thanks, pay it off the next day seems to be the way forward then! I guess vw are counting on most people not doing that and paying a high rate of interest 

6 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Ok thanks, pay it off the next day seems to be the way forward then! I guess vw are counting on most people not doing that and paying a high rate of interest 

Last four cars we have bought in the family have all been with the extra PCP incentive and then withdrawn within a couple of days and paid minimal interest. 

Saved £7k extra overall on the 4 cars, less about £30 in interest. Ford dealer suggested it when we bought a new Ka for our daughter, he even highlighted the cancellation number of the agreement to help us. Vauxhall Dealer was pushing this as well, but Audi and VW were less keen but admitted it was possible.

Cant believe more people don’t do it, either clear it off if you were going to pay cash anyway, or fund it from another loan at a better rate.

As you say, presume most don’t so VW do well on the finance..

1 minute ago, lingus said:

It's nice if you can afford to pay the PCP soon after, or are you guys getting lower APR somewhere else?

Get a personal loan.  I got £22,500 at 3% over 7 years for just under £300 per month.  Treat it as your own personal PCP, when you sell the car pay off what's outstanding on the loan.

Shug and Partimmer have already answered your question Chris, yes the two year servicing is a £159 option with the PCP deal which I paid off after 6 days thought any earlier would look suspicious. Total cost on PCP when paid off was about £22 in interest. The £1500 comes off your deposit contribution so does,nt even show on the finance paperwork.

Thanks Dave. Can I ask what your experience with orange wheels was like?  Was the supplying garage near to you or was it delivered to your door?  I have found that for the spec that I am looking at drive the deal is about £1000 less than carwow but I have not looked at orange wheels yet. 

Did the Orangewheels quote online and the dealer contacted me direct, had no further contact with Orangewheels it was just the same as ordering with your local dealer but with the better discount would definitely use them again. Collected the car myself from VW Inchscape Chester 30 miles from me with no problems whatsoever. 

On 07/08/2018 at 19:42, rjwojcik said:

Just registered my interest on carwow, do you get to see a list of what's available, and if so how, or do the dealers just get in touch?

Spec a car, once you get offers, usually it gives you the option to look for similar cars / new/ pre Reg etc.

22 minutes ago, DDave said:

Did the Orangewheels quote online and the dealer contacted me direct, had no further contact with Orangewheels it was just the same as ordering with your local dealer but with the better discount would definitely use them again. Collected the car myself from VW Inchscape Chester 30 miles from me with no problems whatsoever. 

I've just made contact with Chester as well, via Orange Wheels