On 14/08/2018 at 17:46, Andy1a2b said:

I take it the wheel arch on the MK7.5 is the same as the MK7?  Did you have any clearance issues with the 9x19 ET 41s? 

It's exactly the same car with a few detail differences, the arches are the same.

The 8x19's (ET41)  were a perfect fit, no clearance issues, no rubbing, looked loads better than standard offset, no handling differences, no steering differences... :D 

9 hours ago, Exonian said:

It's exactly the same car with a few detail differences, the arches are the same.

The 8x19's (ET41)  were a perfect fit, no clearance issues, no rubbing, looked loads better than standard offset, no handling differences, no steering differences... :D

Thanks. Had seen some Cadiz 19 ET41 (off a Sirocco R) which I prefer to the Prets (I know I’m in the minority) but was unsure about clearance issues as they would sit 9mm further out than the 19 inch Prets. 

4 hours ago, Andy1a2b said:

Thanks. Had seen some Cadiz 19 ET41 (off a Sirocco R) which I prefer to the Prets (I know I’m in the minority) but was unsure about clearance issues as they would sit 9mm further out than the 19 inch Prets. 

They’ll fit perfectly and sit in the arches really nicely. :afro:

1 hour ago, Exonian said:

They’ll fit perfectly and sit in the arches really nicely. :afro:

Thanks.

I put the 7.5J 18 inch Cadiz on which I bought as a set of winter wheels and they definitely sit further in than the Pretoria’s 5mm by the calculator I used https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=50&width2=225&aspect2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=7-5&offset2=49

Going to an 8J 19 inch Cadiz with an ET of 41 compared to the Pretoria’s will have them sitting 9mm further out , which sounds a lot but if you had no issues running the same setup they should work. 👍

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=50&width2=235&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=41

2 hours ago, Andy1a2b said:

Thanks.

I put the 7.5J 18 inch Cadiz on which I bought as a set of winter wheels and they definitely sit further in than the Pretoria’s 5mm by the calculator I used https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=50&width2=225&aspect2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=7-5&offset2=49

Going to an 8J 19 inch Cadiz with an ET of 41 compared to the Pretoria’s will have them sitting 9mm further out , which sounds a lot but if you had no issues running the same setup they should work. 👍

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=50&width2=235&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=41

Here’s a better angle of how they fill the arches better, exactly the same dimensions, so just squint and pretend they’re shiny not grey (or alternatively the ‘covered in brake dust’ look 😁

920D4A9C-997A-4210-BA19-443E9C8BA1E0.png

C4C251AD-A1E8-4BFE-9825-63BBB2126DC9.jpeg

21 minutes ago, L1SPS said:

19”s are from a Scirocco R. They look awesome on a golf though, I put them on mine. 

9CB27070-4802-4DD6-BD52-3F27B1F06714.jpeg

ABE06182-1343-42FA-8944-E110BC7D887E.jpeg

I’m thinking of doing exactly the same , funnily enough on a white three door Mk7.5 ,  any clearance issues?  Have you got any side on photos you could post? 

Just now, L1SPS said:

Hi 

No clearance issues if you stick to 235/35/19’s and my golf is lowered 35mm! 

C8372E71-8089-480E-8DF1-A6647A1618BE.jpeg

BE4880EF-1FB3-4722-BF10-704A8C1FB852.jpeg

I congratulate you sir, that IMHO looks just about perfect, you are obviously a man of good taste 👍😊

What did you do to lower it, asks the man who said he wasn’t  going to mod his car 😂

They’re about £1k a set, that’s what I paid too. Guy in Ireland currently selling a set for that price on eBay uk. 

Because they’re rare, you won’t lose money on them though if you decide to sell them at a later point in time. 

9 hours ago, L1SPS said:

They’re about £1k a set, that’s what I paid too. Guy in Ireland currently selling a set for that price on eBay uk. 

Because they’re rare, you won’t lose money on them though if you decide to sell them at a later point in time. 

Ive seen the ones in Ireland , unfortunately they have a couple of significant chips which will repair but in my experience will be noticable.