• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a sporty hatch in the £30-40k price range. So looked at the natural competition; Focus RS, Too shouty.. Honda type R, too Halfords...   plus I don’t wear a baseball cap ba

If everybody I knew was blind, I might have considered a Type R, I co-drove one around the NC500 and it's a fabulous thing, that engine is superb. Think ugly nymphomaniac, great fun, but you wouldn't

If you didn't buy a Golf R...What other car would you have considered buying?....I really wanted a 2016 Audi RS3, but fell about 8k short of a mint one....but am very, very happy with my 2016 Golf R

Posted Images

We spent a fair bit of time looking over fast estates.

Mercedes C43 and C63

Porsche Macan

Audi where just sorting the RS4 out at the time.

The most likely was a BMW F31 340i, which with discounts came in as pretty much same price as discounted R.

however we felt like a change and went for the R Hearse, really pleased we did.

I nearly bought a Golf GTi, great spec but I knew that after a couple of months would be pining after an R, so after a weekend thinking about it decided to dig a bit deeper and get an R.

Also, as Slider09 has said, I have nothing against the Focus RS, long term they will always be a safe bet due to the strong Ford fan base resulting in high reselling values, they are probably great fun to drive too,  -I have never driven one - however I prefer the VW badge.

I really don't like the Civic Type R though

• 4 months later...
I must be the only R owner who doesn’t slate the Mk3 RS. I like them and would probably get one when I decide to move on.

IMO sits in between the R and Type R in terms of styling.

Friend of mine has had two, second one being the Mountune 375.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did his first one blow up then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I nearly bought a Golf GTi, great spec but I knew that after a couple of months would be pining after an R, so after a weekend thinking about it decided to dig a bit deeper and get an R.

Also, as Slider09 has said, I have nothing against the Focus RS, long term they will always be a safe bet due to the strong Ford fan base resulting in high reselling values, they are probably great fun to drive too,  -I have never driven one - however I prefer the VW badge.

I really don't like the Civic Type R though

I couldn’t live with the awful interior and wondering if the engine would go bang. It wasn’t a £37k car imo - plus the dealership put me right off with their attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk