DEKA1967

Fault vehicle lighting?

Not sure if this is in the right section but here goes

Turned the light switch from auto to off back to auto & now have above indication on the dash

Have checked for blown bulbs but all are ok

Main beam & rear lights are on when the car is running and trying to turn the lights off by the switch does nothing apart from still able to turn the fog light on

Any help would be appreciated

Car is 2015 R

ffae7219dd2b912d1fe670b7f22c962d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decca: do you have access to a diagnostic cable - perhaps some one near-by has one (like VCDS, or ODB11). It would help to get a more definitive error message.  At face value, purely a guess - sounds like a faulty light switch - but a cable would confirm my hunch - or not

Don

decca: do you have access to a diagnostic cable - perhaps some one near-by has one (like VCDS, or ODB11). It would help to get a more definitive error message.  At face value, purely a guess - sounds like a faulty light switch - but a cable would confirm my hunch - or not

Don

Yeah that's what I thought going to take it along to the garage tomorrow to see if they can diagnose it better
Thanks for the reply
DEKA

Well ended up taking the car to my local VW Stealership
Fault was wiring behind the dash was shorting out which was causing the headlight on off switch to burn out
All fixed now
But my wallet is £430 lighter

Dodgy wiring harness loom to me is a manufacturing fault. How old is your car?

1. Had it with a 5 series once when I was in the middle of France. Shorting out and blew 5 of my cylinders  while I limped home (the garage was a little surprised that I actually made it!). Got a good will payment, not that I was particularly happy with that - 7hink it was a £1600 bill rather than £2500 or somewhat similar.

Dodgy wiring harness loom to me is a manufacturing fault. How old is your car?

1. Had it with a 5 series once when I was in the middle of France. Shorting out and blew 5 of my cylinders  while I limped home (the garage was a little surprised that I actually made it!). Got a good will payment, not that I was particularly happy with that - 7hink it was a £1600 bill rather than £2500 or somewhat similar.

Car is a 2015 model

Hello !  I have the same problem, all the bulbs are ok. . I made a test and i don't have errors. When I am connect with BCM, the error disappear. So what can i do?  My car is Octavia 3, 2013... Thank you so much!

^^^^ have you checked the wiring harness at the rear of the rotary light switch )(it's called "LDS)?  It's real easy to remove the LDS - see video link below

Look for faulty wiring, bent pins etc