Blobby

Engine blown

Are you the first registered keeper ? If you've no joy with a warranty claim and If you're UK mainland based...... Get the engine code for the car, it's on the inside front cover of the handbook, it will be CJXC or similar, then give these people a call or send them a message via facebook.  They may well be able to help with a short motor.   https://www.facebook.com/Walkersofrochdale/

7 minutes ago, Blobby said:

No I’m the second registerd keeper why? 

Also do they supply and install or supply or neither. Yes I’m UK based Derbyshire though 

cheers 

Re ownership, I just wondered. I understand that when the vast majority of EA888's are stripped after such an event, they show signs (recent or historic) of been run low on oil at some point. Chris Walker is a good man to speak to for some good advice, they supply and install. 

2 minutes ago, Blobby said:

It is the engine you mentioned btw. CJXc

Have a look at the reviews they get, it's worth speaking to them, straight talking and honest, they've a very good reputation. Good luck with it. 

3 hours ago, Blobby said:

No I’m the second registerd keeper why? 

Also do they supply and install or supply or neither. Yes I’m UK based Derbyshire though 

cheers 

Being the 2nd Owner do you know for sure the Car wasn't modified (Mapped and returned to stock when sold on) Did you purchase the Car from Main Dealer?  Reason I ask is If VW do carry out a lot of work and ECU does flag up a TD1 your going to get a large bill with no possible chance of any goodwill. 

6 hours ago, Blobby said:

No oil light. Even more worrying that when it was parked at the side of the road with the entire contents on the floor there was still no warning lamp,

although a couple of weeks previously I had a oil top up light so I did top up and checked thoroughly, I did check the dipstick but there was no oil on it as it was all under the car. I didn't check the filler wish I had of done though, there was no smell of burning, the only thing I found was chunks of the engine block at the back under the turbo. wouldn't all of what you had said of brought on a dashboard light?

all that happened was a loud bang followed by the car saying there was no- acc/loss of tyre pressure/no stop start available that's it, turned the engine off almost straight away.

golf r booooom.jpg

Find it quite bizzar that a strong engine such as these just gives way, They are well capable of taking some punishment, we’ve all seen Arthur’s 600 bhp R.

The only true way of finding the real cause is having the lump out and stripping it, there has to be a obvious cause.

I'd take it back to the vw place you bought it from, they are more likely to be on your side as they sold it to you and may present a more positive case to vw for a contribution to the cost.

Hope it turns out ok, not a nice thing to happen to your pride and joy.