davetherave

Race Mode

1 hour ago, gregozedobe said:

If I was re-designing this aspect I'd have a "Mode" button on the steering wheel and when you press it the current mode would be displayed on the HUD (Oh, didn't I mention that change ? ) and repeated presses of the Mode button cycled you through all the different modes (all displayed on the HUD).  That way you don't have to take your eyes off the road while changing modes.

The 7.5 already displays the driving mode in the virtual cockpit. When I press the mode button repeatedly it will scroll through the selected mode displaying it right in front of me, so hardly taking your eyes of the road.

Question - may be a silly one and I can't be faffed to read the Owners Manual
Is there a method to change to driving modes from the steering wheel consul (rather than the button by gearstick) mine is a DSG
For a quick shift between D & S just use the gearshifter, pull it towards you to shift from one to another

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, GregR-125 said:

ANY driver is a complete fool who has so little knowledge of cars and engines that they are are actually asking the question 'Can I floor it from cold, and in race mode!!' I've never read anything so ridiculous on any previous car forums I've been on. And I've been on many. 

Suppose the correct answer is YES, you can floor it from cold. Your car, do what you like. Good luck 😂

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Question - may be a silly one and I can't be faffed to read the Owners Manual

Is there a method to change to driving modes from the steering wheel consul (rather than the button by gearstick) mine is a DSG

No, there isn’t the option to change modes via the steering wheel which is an oversight imo.  That said, mine rarely strays out of Individual, and as SpursDave says, for a quick change from D to S, nudging the stick is the quickest way. 

Great idea, didn't think of that lol, thank you
Yessir, no sense wasting the drive fast gas lol you actually get improved mileage when you deactivate all your safety features as well like when your putting it into launch control.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great idea, didn't think of that lol, thank you
Your boost gets turned down to 25psi in Eco mode and your car gets slower but you can't drive your car like it's meant to be driven when your surrounded by traffic anyways. Glad to help

170 degrees C?  Am thinking you mean degF.

Dont think I have ever seen mine above 125 deg C.

For me its 90 degrees C from cold, that is the "please prod throttle harder" threshold.
I meant in Fahrenheit. But even 150 degrees Fahrenheit is ok too. Sorry for the confusion.

Surprised it took 3 pages until someone said it.
Yeah that crossed my mind ASAP when I read it. But obviously they are new to the car enthusiast and high performance scene and new to being a car guy. Doesn't mean you gotta call him a fool though. He is misinformed and how do you ever learn when you don't practice or ask questions. At one point we were all new to this and didn't know the answer to this. Sorry pal but your comment was a little too harsh and rude on the poor gentleman.

ANY driver is a complete fool who has so little knowledge of cars and engines that they are are actually asking the question 'Can I floor it from cold, and in race mode!!' I've never read anything so ridiculous on any previous car forums I've been on. And I've been on many. 
Yeah that crossed my mind ASAP when I read it. But obviously they are new to the car enthusiast and high performance scene and new to being a car guy. Doesn't mean you gotta call him a fool though. He is misinformed and how do you ever learn when you don't practice or ask questions. At one point we were all new to this and didn't know the answer to this. Sorry pal but your comment was a little too harsh and rude on the poor gentleman.

Calling someone a name and saying someone is ridiculous is mean and not cool to do on this forum. Not everyone has all the answers in the world. I commend the gentleman for asking so he can learn to become a better car enthusiast!!! Ignore the haters dude and ask all the questions you want dude

5 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

For a quick shift between D & S just use the gearshifter, pull it towards you to shift from one to another

Does this actually change it from normal to race or just changes the dsg to S?  I do this a lot when changing but always thought it just keeps it in d but gears in s

4 hours ago, ItsJustaR said:

Calling someone a name and saying someone is ridiculous is mean and not cool to do on this forum. Not everyone has all the answers in the world. I commend the gentleman for asking so he can learn to become a better car enthusiast!!! Ignore the haters dude and ask all the questions you want dude emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji6.pngemoji6.png

thanks, I did ignore lol. I have driven for over half my life, and I have never known that ALL cars need/or advised to be warmed up first, I know the M3 you had to do that. I didn't think it applied for all, thanks for the positives replies. The information helped me, and i am sure it will help someone else wondering the same. Or not aware and informing them how to look after the car.

I got my R back today, and I did as advised. I like the easy flick up from mph to oil temp on the dash, I got worried at first as it was --- whilst cold, then it started climbing, drove it smooth and I actually enjoyed driving it smooth and appreciated it a lot more lol, in anticipation to floor it lol, as soon as it got to 90 Race mode foot down lol, joking.

I haven't had my car for over a over a week and half, and It felt so good driving it, that first time you drive it feeling. the suspension, steering, an hour later that feeling went and it feels like nothing again lol.

Dave it doesn't change the mode from drive to race just the gearbox setting afaik, it's all a bit confusing but I just have the mode in individual with everything set to race ie steering etc except the soundaktor and then switch between gearbox setting via the gear selector then no need to keep changing modes. Only time I might change mode is if I have a long motorway run and out it in to eco maybe...