ringy

Squeaky front shocks

I’ve tried to find if this has been answered before, basically when in drive along my cul-da-sac over the speed bumps a lot low speed, when my front wheels hit and the suspension compressors it sounds a bit squeaky, it seems to happen more when cold, I have DCC, is this normal? It’s been like that since I picked it up in March (new).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may need the suspension greasing. It’s an acknowledged issue (not confined to DCC either) and requires some quite expensive grease from VW. Mine was treated for what sounds like the same issue last year & has been silent ever since.

You may need the suspension greasing. It’s an acknowledged issue (not confined to DCC either) and requires some quite expensive grease from VW. Mine was treated for what sounds like the same issue last year & has been silent ever since.

Fantastic, thanks for the reply, do you think I should phone the dealership to sort it as it’s only 6 months old? Sorry for a maybe obvious answer, never owned a car with in warranty before lol

Absolutely. Mine was 2 & a half years old, and it was fixed under warranty. So definitely try the dealer & don’t let them fob you off with “they all do that, sir”. Perhaps mention that you’ve heard that there is a fix for noisy suspension as well. Pays to show you’ve done a little homework. If you have a good service dept at your dealer you should be fine

This is very much a VW thing, we've had GTD and a couple of Polos in the family that have done the same, you will find it disappears when the roads are wet and the spray is dispersed on the underside of the car. It's normally the console bushes on the lower suspension arms .

Is it more of a creaking noise than a squeak ? 

This is very much a VW thing, we've had GTD and a couple of Polos in the family that have done the same, you will find it disappears when the roads are wet and the spray is dispersed on the underside of the car. It's normally the console bushes on the lower suspension arms .

Yeah, sounds a bit like when you bounce on an old bed

I had this same issue and bought a cheap 151 aerosol of silicone oil spray and sprayed the strut top mounts and all over the bushes in the front lower control arms and now no squeak whatsoever. 😁

it was driving Me nuts 🤬🤬

I had this same issue and bought a cheap 151 aerosol of silicone oil spray and sprayed the strut top mounts and all over the bushes in the front lower control arms and now no squeak whatsoever.

I only get in on my road and my 3 speed bumps, annoys me and then I forget about 2 mins down the road. Will give the dealership a call tomorrow

2 minutes ago, ringy said:

I only get in on my road and my 3 speed bumps, annoys me and then I forget about 2 mins down the road. Will give the dealership a call tomorrow

Simular scenario 👍 it was apparent at slower speeds when negotiating speed bumps into the estate where we live .

My dealers could no help as I had all aftermarket suspension fitted so they just blamed that 🤔 typically 

Not just VW as all 3 MX-5s we have had squeak over speed bumps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had this same issue and bought a cheap 151 aerosol of silicone oil spray and sprayed the strut top mounts and all over the bushes in the front lower control arms and now no squeak whatsoever.
Good tip will try that on the Mazda

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So took it in yesterday and was just explaining to the receptionist what the problem was as we were sorting out my courtesy car, she said one of the technicians will try and replicate it and see if it’s a normal characteristic of the car....sowing the seeds in case they obviously could not sort it, had a bit of strop and the technician came out and I drove over several of the speed bumps in the service centre car park, the guy was dead on, he had a golf r and had the same thing, pretty much knew what the issue was likely to be, picked up a few hours later, creaking gone, so am happy