JJB

What did you do to your R today?

22 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Have you also got a pedal box Paul? 

I asked my tuner and he said they were a waste of money.....as I was thinking about getting one..but being already stage 1 and my throttle response is pretty good....Maybe I won't actually need one.....I may get him to make it a bit more sensitive and responsive by getting in re-calibrated next time I'm getting some work done....So to answer your original question Rebecca...No I don't have one...Will I get one?....Maybe...:lol:

But the OBD Eleven tweak has made it better....:afro:....But like anything R related...I want it better and am never satisfied...:wink::lol:

On 22/11/2019 at 20:49, Booth11 said:

Have you also got a pedal box Paul? 

PS...Forgot to mention Rebecca...Personally I think the pedal box or pedal tuner are a great idea....but the guy who tunes my car thinks not....He'd rather re-calibrate the pedal / throttle response with a tune...(not a box).....so more research and discussion to follow....so if he can re-calibrate it without me getting a pedal box...I'm ok with that....so I will see what happens...as I haven't totally ruled it out......My response all in all is pretty good in race mode which is the mode I drive it in most often...but can it better?......Probably..that's why I thinking BMS Pedal Tuner....:wink:

How easy is it to get the tips off?

33 minutes ago, Alexis Jones said:

Sprayed the tips black as I'm sick to death of cleaning them 🤣

20191120_123128.jpg

On 25/10/2019 at 08:34, JSI said:

I finally got myself an ODBEleven and:-

Switched off stop/start

Disabled the Soundaktor.

Changed Throttle response from 'Standard' to 'Responsive' (waiting to see what difference that makes)

and enabled the fan level display when on auto.

Still undecided about the headlight washer - I might leave this enabled through the winter and disable it in the spring.

Could you maybe tell me what other options are provided with this? 

Is it worth looking at? I've not ever used anything like this, so would want to make sure it's safe, however I wouldn't mind turning the soundaktor off/down and the fan level display I wouldn't mind either! 

2 hours ago, Simonjh88 said:

Could you maybe tell me what other options are provided with this? 

Is it worth looking at? I've not ever used anything like this, so would want to make sure it's safe, however I wouldn't mind turning the soundaktor off/down and the fan level display I wouldn't mind either! 

You can do all sorts of tweaks with obdeleven, especially if you get the pro version.  Worth having a look in the obdeleven section to see what adaptations and tweaks others have done amd are possible.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/84-obdeleven/

6 hours ago, Booth11 said:

You can do all sorts of tweaks with obdeleven, especially if you get the pro version.  Worth having a look in the obdeleven section to see what adaptations and tweaks others have done amd are possible.

What Rebecca said Simon...OBD Eleven is well worth getting......One click apps total about 60 in number...then there's long coding you can use to change countless other things.....High recommend getting one....Brilliant piece of kit...:afro:

Fitted the full length plastic front undertray, seems quieter already, will see if there is any improvement in consumption, fitted the full set of aerodynamic aids on my Mk6 GTI and they definitely made a (small) difference.