JJB

What did you do to your R today?

1 hour ago, Dr'R' said:

Booked in last Thursday to get windscreen replaced. However, despite me phoning Auto Windscreens twice, telling them what the car was, and the screen has a 'blue' tint to it, guess what....... yes, the Muppet's ordered the incorrect screen! :banghead:

New one winging its way direct from VW. 10-14 day wait though, apparently!!

On a plus side, the glass fitter at the depot was a top guy. Has a MK 5 Golf, diesel, but a few goodies added, to make approx 400 horses, and enough torque to rip the tarmac up.......Apparently.  :thumbsup:

So I'll be waiting for the new screen to arrive, and continue driving with a massive crack across it.............. 😞

Pretty poor show there from Auto Windscreens.

When I used autoglass they took my reg and then confirmed spec with me to ensure correct screen delivered.

Filled up with V Power.

Filler cover sticking, normally needs a slight press but needed a big hit to release it.

Got home, checked and inside bit was sticking. Got the trusty WD40 out and now all sorted, 

Knew all those years studying for my engineering ONC & HND would pay off eventually 

1 hour ago, Shug said:

Filled up with V Power.

Filler cover sticking, normally needs a slight press but needed a big hit to release it.

Got home, checked and inside bit was sticking. Got the trusty WD40 out and now all sorted, 

Knew all those years studying for my engineering ONC & HND would pay off eventually 

If you want a more permanent fix, look at the black plastic (where it actually latches), and shave off a few mm of plastic where it is scraping/catching.

3 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

If you want a more permanent fix, look at the black plastic (where it actually latches), and shave off a few mm of plastic where it is scraping/catching.

Cheers will look at that. Does seem that when it moves in it rotates 90 degrees so the rectangular latch releases...

1 hour ago, Shug said:

Cheers will look at that. Does seem that when it moves in it rotates 90 degrees so the rectangular latch releases...

It's not the actual latch that catches, but close to that - look for the scrape marks and you'll see where you need to remove a small amount of plastic. It's a fairly common problem so there are probably a few videos showing the problem area.

Not my R exactly....I went to see my friend who is a tuner to discuss future mods for my R...Any he just had a Milltek exhaust put on his Stage 2 R....which is now making 410 BHP...he took me for a spin i his car to see how it sounded and how it drove......Needless to say...I was very impressed with both the sound and the acceleration.....:blink::cheesy::smug::wink::P:wink::smiley::lol:.....and I thought my R was pretty quick on the street....Add another 50bhp and hang the f#@k on!!!!....:lol:

Ballistically quick.....:afro::smiley:.....WOW!!!!!.....I can't wait for my Stage 2 now.....:lol:.....Might have to get my exhaust resonated and his non resonated was fecking loud!!!!...:lol:

Got a cornering bulb out warning on the dash (yesterday).   On inspection one bulb has blown again.  Just ordered another set. Sticking with the Philips Diamond Visions I replaced the oem ones with originally, as they are a good match to the headlights (bi-xenon) even though they don’t last years.  Also ordered a new Bosch aerotwin front wiper blade as, to replace the aerotwin that’s been on for last 4 years which is now dipping in performance in this winter weather. 

Drove it along 2 flooded back roads in the dark, not by choice.

popped up to Newcastle (from Wolverhampton) to see my folks.

then coming back major accident on A38 no Burton.

queue everyone go via back roads lol.

was a good foot of water, squeaky bum moment.

Car now really needs a clean and good wash, muddy baths are just not that good it appears.

Had it’s 3rd year service. 25k.
+ Brake fluid change (always done this at 3yrs with my cars)
Also had the battery replaced under warranty.
I’ve also renewed the VW warranty for another year.

In 6 months it’s going to be time for new discs/pads. At this time I will be contemplating a change into another R which again be around 2yrs old.

When I bought the car 11 months back I was almost certain that was going to have it stage 1 tuned as the car reached it’s 3rd anniversary. Having rethought the want to do so, the moneys gone into the bank to part fund the Delta ~£7k I’ll need to change if do so.

Still makes me smile every time I jump in and start her up, even on day that’s cost £300

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, TheIncredibleGolf said:

Haha! Oh yes ;) I think that next week I might have to get a hotel a night before as I think my fiance will kill me if I jump around the house with excitement any more :D

:lol:.......Totally understandable..I'd do the same....:afro::smug:

2 minutes ago, goodbadboy said:

:lol:.......Totally understandable..I'd do the same....:afro::smug:

It's probably gonna come to that still trying to decide what the first mod should be to it, thinking starting in the engine bay and working my way back but then it's hard to know what invalidates warranty these days and what doesn't. Not planning to go mad but was thinking cold air intake, different dump valve, inhelt hose etc. Thinking an APR exhaust is going to have to be on the cards really soon. So many mods so little time...:D

Just now, TheIncredibleGolf said:

So many mods so little time...:D

This is true...:lol:..if warranty is an issue..Go JB4......If no warranty issues go Stage 1 remap...Best bang for your buck mod....:afro:

I have no such warranty issues so am going Stage 2 and 400 BHP next year all going well....:wink:

The R is great stock, but totally transformed with a tune...:smiley:

I haven't stopped modding it...or thinking about mods for it..since I got it 15 months ago....:smug: