JJB

What did you do to your R today?

15 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Oh no!  How bad is it?  Dents on roof and bonnet?  

Glass is fine, but probably over 100 small to very small dents on roof (wagon having a big roof) and bonnet.  Could have been much worse, others caught in the same hailstorm got really big dents and smashed windows (front & back) :(

The frustrating thing is this wagon would spend 99% of its' time tucked up safe under a roof - sods law that one of the few times it is out in the open it gets hit.  We are currently in the midst of a long drought, so it hardly ever rains here, let alone serious hail !

Still, given how much effort I put into getting (and keeping) the paintwork in tip top shape this is a bit disappointing, to say the least.

14 hours ago, TheIncredibleGolf said:

You Know you need an i on that number plate after the J.

PS..That's a real old joke, My workmates said that to me 15 seconds after I pulled into the work car park when I picked up almost 2 years ago....:lol:

Plus looks better on the Beemer....:lol:

Image result for jizz license plate

1 hour ago, gregozedobe said:

Glass is fine, but probably over 100 small to very small dents on roof (wagon having a big roof) and bonnet.  Could have been much worse, others caught in the same hailstorm got really big dents and smashed windows (front & back) :(

The frustrating thing is this wagon would spend 99% of its' time tucked up safe under a roof - sods law that one of the few times it is out in the open it gets hit.  We are currently in the midst of a long drought, so it hardly ever rains here, let alone serious hail !

Still, given how much effort I put into getting (and keeping) the paintwork in tip top shape this is a bit disappointing, to say the least.

That is so unfortunate, especially given it’s usually kept safe from the elements.  I can imagine the devastation of such a hailstorm, such extreme weather you’re experiencing all round.  :(  Are you covered on your insurance for things like that?  A few years ago we had lightning strike our house and the neighbours house and their chimney pot was fractured and fell down onto my partners van, causing huge damage to the roof. The insurance wouldn’t pay out as it was deemed an ‘act of god’!  I hope you are able to get the damage all sorted without too much pain and hassle. 

3 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Are you covered on your insurance for things like that?  

I will probably pay for it to be fixed myself - I have a very high excess as this saves on the total premium.  This has saved me a lot of money over the last 48 years of driving, so I can afford to pay from those savings.  Note that I've never had a claim on car insurance (ever !), and am aware of how the insurance companies screw you over for years after a claim.

Thanks for the well wishes.  When I get it fixed I'll post on here how it went (I'm very fussy, and I'll be sure to let my chosen repairer know that before they start)

5 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Terrible news Greg. What a nightmare. So sorry to hear about this grave misfortune.

Hope that you are able to get it repaired and returned to standards that meet with your total approval, at a price that works too. Good luck with all the works, and of course keep posting with progress updates all along the way.

Best Wishes for a Fix.  👍

It was a big bang,so big i couldn't even tell which corner of the car it was. Thought it was front driver side but was front passenger side. Left it into a place to get straightened yesterday, The photo makes it look a lot worse than it is.

It was a big bang,so big i couldn't even tell which corner of the car it was. Thought it was front driver side but was front passenger side. Left it into a place to get straightened yesterday, The photo makes it look a lot worse than it is.

Let us know who will do that for you and how it turns out please as we are probably all in the queue. .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 22/01/2020 at 08:22, rbel5553 said:

Let us know who will do that for you and how it turns out please as we are probably all in the queue. .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up today was straightened by a place in Dublin, 68euro so not bad - is as right as rain now. 

On 21/01/2020 at 18:36, Shane-Ireland said:

hit a pothole... :(

IMG-2591.thumb.jpg.2d8427a9b47192e0477de29837843ef0.jpg

Wish I’d hit a pothole

1322530019_Wheelgrind.thumb.JPG.de1506f93f0460bb6e8a024f65e00479.JPG

I was going to give it the old “I let the wife drive…” shpiel, but on here I'll put my hand up to a temporary loss of concentration heading down a spiral car park ramp.

Lesson learned and I’ll never try to change music tracks on the steering controls when it’s upside down again. Oh well, the spare in the loft will go on with the summer tyres - until then, if anyone asks and the O\H isn’t looking ...👈👀