JJB

What did you do to your R today?

Kerbed one of my Prets late last night.  Caught it on an unseen low level concrete block sticking out of the makeshift exit of an unlit car park, whilst waiting to pick someone up from train station.  Wished they’d got a sodding taxi now.  That horrible sound of concrete on metal.   It about sums up my week. 

E959-B067-16-DB-41-B9-902-C-5-E20-CA8607

So a trip to Lepsons beckons come spring time.  One my other prets is slightly out of round so will get both sorted and a new set of PS4S fitted at same time as fronts are nearing their useable end.

5 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

That horrible sound of concrete on metal.

Ugh, horrible. Sorry to hear about this awful damage. Ironic too when you were doing a good turn.   Hope joys of Spring lift your spirits with Lepsons help.

(Ta for the pic, which sows me just how fragile they are. I Need to resigned to this sooner or later.)

11 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Kerbed one of my Prets late last night.  Caught it on an unseen low level concrete block sticking out of the makeshift exit of an unlit car park, whilst waiting to pick someone up from train station.  Wished they’d got a sodding taxi now.  That horrible sound of concrete on metal.   It about sums up my week. 

So a trip to Lepsons beckons come spring time.  One my other prets is slightly out of round so will get both sorted and a new set of PS4S fitted at same time as fronts are nearing their useable end.

Odd how the paint has flaked off like that? Wouldn't be so bad otherwise. 

36 minutes ago, NRW said:

Ugh, horrible. Sorry to hear about this awful damage. Ironic too when you were doing a good turn.   Hope joys of Spring lift your spirits with Lepsons help.

(Ta for the pic, which sows me just how fragile they are. I Need to resigned to this sooner or later.)

Yes typical. I was picking up HWMBO who was returning from a lads few days away in Newcastle.  It is horrible, but I’m fortunate that Lepsons isn’t too far up the road. Mind you it’ll mean 3 days in their courtesy Corsa!  Nooo!  

Hopefully yours will remain completely untarnished Neil. Fingers crossed. 🤞

29 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Odd how the paint has flaked off like that? Wouldn't be so bad otherwise. 

When it happened I got out to see what had caused the noise and bump.  There was a metal post that had been put at the exit of the car park, instead of being concreted into the ground, they’d set it in a concrete block with about two foot of concrete apron around it jutting out, and the corner of it got pressed against the wheel cracking the paint. 

Mind you, it’s the original factory paint on that wheel. I’ve had previous Lepsons refurb (on on the other side) and the quality of paint is much better, I’m willing to bet that if it had been a previously refurbed wheel it wouldn’t have flaked like that. 

43 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

That horrible sound of concrete on metal. 

Argh! Is there anything worse? 😖

Well probably valves hitting pistons or a rod exiting the block, but you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, KAR_120C said:

Argh! Is there anything worse? 😖

Well probably valves hitting pistons or a rod exiting the block, but you know what I mean.

It’s minor in the great scheme of things but that noise never fails to send heart plummeting into shoes! 

19 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!.....:banghead:..I hope you get it sorted asap Rebecca....Been there done that a few times myself, That's why I have the local "Wheel Magician" on speed dial...:lol:

Get well soon sexy black R....(So Rebecca can get back smiling again)...:smiley:

On 09/02/2020 at 10:54, Booth11 said:

Sorry to see that Bec. Very annoying, especially when some idiot has placed an obstacle just out of view. We have all been there, well most of us anyway. Slight digression, but how many miles do you reckon you will have got out of your PS4S's come Spring time? A set are on my wish list.

26 minutes ago, PhilC22 said:

Sorry to see that Bec. Very annoying, especially when some idiot has placed an obstacle just out of view. We have all been there, well most of us anyway. Slight digression, but how many miles do you reckon you will have got out of your PS4S's come Spring time? A set are on my wish list.

Thanks Phil. I hate having damaged wheels but will get it fixed in not too distant future. 

Though I’ve got PS4S all round, I had to have two new ones last year due to punctures, so the rears aren’t the originals. The fronts are though and have a bit over 17.5k miles on them, getting towards 4mm tread left (they went on in summer 2017 so this is their third winter).  I always change tyres between 3-4mm so a new set due soon.  So by the time I change (April probably) they’ll have done about 19k miles which is fantastic compared to the previous 3 sets of Conti 5Ps I’ve had, which did 13k on the R, and the 2 sets on a gti did 12k each.