JJB

What did you do to your R today?

1 hour ago, SRW said:

Seems slot of hassle, yes they are very smooth in sweepiness!

I will take your word for it! Nice might order some of Ali later on then!

17 hours ago, Booth11 said:

In anticipation of my new car turning up (when it eventually rolls onto and off a boat), first cheap and cheerful AliExpress purchase arrived.  New footrest.  Déjà-vu, as bought exactly the same 5 years ago for the mk7.  Quality is ok, needs a bit of excess black plastic trimming off round a few edges here and there with a scalpel, but it’s fine for the job of resting redundant foot. 

6312-CE59-50-B7-46-C6-8-EE3-ECBEF1-E6-B0

I have ordered the same. Should be here any day now

3 hours ago, ToRnado_R said:

Upload to somewhere like Vimeo, YouTube etc. Then share the link.

I have a set of these of Ali express and they are great, very smooth.

Sent from my fingers

3 hours ago, Djs2394 said:

Very nice! got a vid of the sweeping? is it nice and smooth or is it a bit "choppy"

I finally got my new Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake installed yesterday...:)

I'm happy to report its added a few things to my R....More good noise....(sounds awesome)....A classy look to my engine bay and definitely noticeable increase in horsepower and torque...(Butt dyno feels like an extra 10-15bhp)...Very happy with it....Car is more responsive now....more aggressive and definitely feels quicker.....I can't wait for my IE downpipe which has finally arrived from the US...so should be full Stage 2 within the next few weeks....:afro:

I'm pushing close to 400bhp now with a downpipe to come....:wink:...Hopefully I get to dyno it one day and find out exactly how much power I have...:azn:

I wasn't sure to be honest if it would add any power at all..(or just noise)....but it has, and its everything I wanted and more....Highly recommended mod for a Stage 1 plus car.....(Soon to be Stage 2)....I love it...Car is more fun now and will be even more fun with my next planned mod...:P

My New IE Cold Air Intake - Installed March 5th 2021.jpg

I finally got my new Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake installed yesterday...
I'm happy to report its added a few things to my R....More good noise....(sounds awesome)....A classy look to my engine bay and definitely noticeable increase in horsepower and torque...(But dyno feels like an extra 10-15bhp)...Very happy with it....Car is more responsive now....more aggressive and definitely feels quicker.....I can't wait for my IE downpipe which has finally arrived from the US...so should be full Stage 2 within the next few weeks....:afro:
I'm pushing close to 400bhp now with a downpipe to come....:wink:...Hopefully I get to dyno it one day and find out exactly how much power I have...:azn:
I wasn't sure to be honest if it would add any power at all..(or just noise)....but it has, and its everything I wanted and more....Highly recommended mod for a Stage 1 plus car.....(Soon to be Stage 2)....I love it...Car is more fun now and will be even more fun with my next planned mod...
895983113_MyNewIEColdAirIntake-InstalledMarch5th2021.thumb.jpg.69b75f8e6786296da77a78e3ad55314c.jpg

Looks fantastic! I'm confused how the dyno "feels" like 10-15bhp? Surely it is or it isn't that on the dyno?

1 hour ago, Matt7R said:

(But dyno feels like an extra 10-15bhp)

Looks fantastic! I'm confused how the dyno "feels" like 10-15bhp? Surely it is or it isn't that on the dyno?

It's not 'but' as a conjunction; it's 'butt' as an American noun. 🙂 

11 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

I finally got my new Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake installed yesterday...:)

I'm happy to report its added a few things to my R....More good noise....(sounds awesome)....A classy look to my engine bay and definitely noticeable increase in horsepower and torque...(But dyno feels like an extra 10-15bhp)...Very happy with it....Car is more responsive now....more aggressive and definitely feels quicker.....I can't wait for my IE downpipe which has finally arrived from the US...so should be full Stage 2 within the next few weeks....:afro:

I wasn't sure to be honest if it would add any power at all..(or just noise)....but it has, and its everything I wanted and more....Highly recommended mod for a Stage 1 plus car.....(Soon to be Stage 2)....I love it...Car is more fun now and will be even more fun with my next planned mod...:P

Looks lovely that ,Paul 👍  😎

11 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Out of interest did you try it open or fit the cover straight away? Would be interested to know how much difference there is in the sound.

Fitted my boot cargo net thanks to@Clarkie48

Washed her and the old daily, my neighbours definitely think I've lost the plot.

My whiteline rear ARB (22mm) arrived today (With some lovely gold 'lateral locks') along with a powerflex lower engine mount insert (Yellow) so I've got it booked in to get them fitted along with hunter 4 wheel alignment on 19th March.

Also ordered a ver .F new OE Pierburg DV over a week ago from Autodoc that has as yet to arrive...

Also ordered a set of genuine VW floor mats, again not arrived yet.

I'll fit both the TMD and new DV at the same time when the DV arrives.

Sent from my fingers

2 hours ago, ToRnado_R said:

I emoji3590.png a grammar nazi! emoji41.png

Sent from my fingers

Now, if that were really the case I would have pointed out that this N-word requires a capital letter. Chasing spelling, punctuation and grammar errors is too time-consuming on the web, however much they may annoy. I suggest that helping to correct an apparent complete misunderstanding is a public service. 🙂