What did you do to your R today?

On 25/11/2021 at 12:01, Jace said:

Fitted this TCR / Performance Pack style lip to the wagon.

Its an Aliexpress special as the genuine lip is only designed for the GTI/R/TCR hatch & not the estate, which is the same as on the normal golfs.

OEM + 👌

TCR 12.jpg

TCR 11.jpg

Have you got a link to that please?  I've been looking for more discreet boot lip spoiler for my estate, that looks ideal!

Was fitting straight forward? 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have it a long overdue wash.                  

Well I couldn't wait to clean the car for pics in the end.. I'm absolutely chuffed with how they look. Was worried about the grey on grey to begin with but I am very happy.    

Had the R lowered and my wheels fitted.      

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Penguin said:

Have you got a link to that please?  I've been looking for more discreet boot lip spoiler for my estate, that looks ideal!

Was fitting straight forward? 

fit is very simple, it comes with a roll of 3m tape too

I also gave the area a good degrease before I applied it to make sure I got max adhesion 👍🏼

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKAeR4S  

I went for the Toyo Proxes sport. I know I’ll get cursed for not getting Michelin’s but I’ve found these fine for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyres are a personal thing due to driving styles and what you expect from a tyre, so go with what you like.

I’ve only ever tried Michelin once on a previous car, and I wasn’t impressed (MPS4S). For me it will probably be Goodyear or Continental next.

2019, 7.5R, Lapiz Blue, Pretorias, Panoramic Sunroof

Tyres are a personal thing due to driving styles and what you expect from a tyre, so go with what you like.

I’ve only ever tried Michelin once on a previous car, and I wasn’t impressed (MPS4S). For me it will probably be Goodyear or Continental next.

2019, 7.5R, Lapiz Blue, Pretorias, Panoramic Sunroof

Used to buy PS3’s years ago when I had an S3 but forever getting punctures. Switched to Goodyears but then I was only 10k out of them. Toyo seems to last a lot longer and more robust for me

41 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Used to buy PS3’s years ago when I had an S3 but forever getting punctures. Switched to Goodyears but then I was only 10k out of them. Toyo seems to last a lot longer and more robust for me

I used to fit Proxes on our Fabia vRS. The car used to do long commutes and they were great all rounders that would wear really well. 

On 25/11/2021 at 22:07, BobbyT said:

Well as the threads a little slow at the mo, I did this last week... Fitted some door stripes. I may lose the door handles at some point and go back to white but I don't mind them at the mo. 

IMG_20211119_124045_600.jpg

Looking good. Those are still my favourite wheels, they suit the estate really well 😎 

13 minutes ago, NRW said:

You’ve just entered an exclusive arena. 😂

Haha, our last golf didnt have the seat memory and driver profile like this new one, one big selling point as there is a good foot height difference betweeen myself and my partner and just trying to figure how to link these to the key and how you switch, and i'm not ashamed to admit I do read the manuals as it's amazing what extras you find out.

Edited by Gavin0478