What did you do to your R today?

On 27/04/2022 at 20:25, Captjack said:

That looks like using all four tracks of the Palmersport day, have been there threes times, the single seaters are fun, and the BMW’s. Apparently, a lot of their cars run on LPG, saves them a one million a year in fuel, I had no idea until I asked, you wouldn’t know. 

On my very long to do list to get a day out there! 

interesting info on the fuel. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have it a long overdue wash.                  

Well I couldn't wait to clean the car for pics in the end.. I'm absolutely chuffed with how they look. Was worried about the grey on grey to begin with but I am very happy.    

Had the R lowered and my wheels fitted.      

Posted Images

Had a set of michelin pilot sport 4S fitted to replace the pick n mix tyres that were previously on. There was a hankook, a kumho, a pirelli, and a uniroyal... Like who tf does that? Who replaces just a single tyre at a time? At the very least an axle. Maybe if I got a puncture I'd replace just one tyre, but only if the set were less than 3000miles old. Otherwise it'd be an axle again. And even then i'd make sure the replacement matched the other tyres. 

Heathens. 

11 hours ago, tartaruga said:

On my very long to do list to get a day out there! 

interesting info on the fuel. 

It’s is a bit expensive but the whole day is very well done. You get around 20mins in each car, all are great fun except the go-karts, there well overdue to be changed.

12 hours ago, Captjack said:

It’s is a bit expensive but the whole day is very well done. You get around 20mins in each car, all are great fun except the go-karts, there well overdue to be changed.

Cheers for the info. Yeah, see it’s pricey alright but anyone I know that’s done it highly recommends it.  

OUTSIDE CAR COVERS 

Anyone use or know of good quality weatherproof car covers, seem to be cleaning my car more than im using it at the moment 🙈,pondering whether to get one or if they are more trouble than there worth due to storing them when off and if a nightmare to put on and off on your own, scratching etc? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

On 30/04/2022 at 21:06, smug_1273 said:

OUTSIDE CAR COVERS 

Anyone use or know of good quality weatherproof car covers, seem to be cleaning my car more than im using it at the moment 🙈,pondering whether to get one or if they are more trouble than there worth due to storing them when off and if a nightmare to put on and off on your own, scratching etc? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I had one on my vRS for a couple of years.  There was less scratching/swirls than I expected, but I was only using the car every week or fortnight, so wasn't putting it on and off all that frequently.  It was  PITA to install if the wind was blowing, and it was very bulky and particularly awkward when wet.

On 30/04/2022 at 12:06, smug_1273 said:

OUTSIDE CAR COVERS 

Thanks

Save your money I’d say …. I bought a pretty expensive one once for a car and was completely obsessed with the car being 100% clean before putting the cover on … still left marks / marring to the cars paint . You’re better off having a paint correction/ ceramic coating applied and a good cleaning routine in my opinion