What did you do to your R today?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have it a long overdue wash.                  

Well I couldn't wait to clean the car for pics in the end.. I'm absolutely chuffed with how they look. Was worried about the grey on grey to begin with but I am very happy.    

Had the R lowered and my wheels fitted.      

Posted Images

Where is that console from I want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
33 minutes ago, Aircooled said:

These are lovely, can you recommend a supplier?

Yeah buddy

Got my set from Progressive Parts but had  a lengthy wait due to them being manufactured over in Europe I believe, ended up waiting almost 6 months.

Think Demon Tweaks do them too 👍

On 01/05/2022 at 15:20, Stobsie said:

A great bit of kit, belongs to a friend of mine and it’s been put to lots of use. 

im upgrading. so its either the arcon costco or the sgs 3tonne jack

New sump fitted today to replace the cracked one!  Replaced with another plastic one and an extended undertray to, hopefully, stop it happening again. Crack was caused by stone impact damage and wouldn't be entertained as a warranty claim.  Apparently this is a rare occurrence so I am just unlucky.

4 hours ago, NJS said:

Apparently this is a rare occurrence so I am just unlucky.

I have to be honest, after watching a few youtube vids when buying the car and seeing a plastic sump, the Alltrack undertray was the first modification I did.

I know VW are trying to save a few £ and have done with some of the quality, but a plastic sump pan, some one, some where, got paid for that idea!!!🤪

Can I have a job please 😎

I find my self defending her every day.  “You can get any car you want and you got.. that…” my next door neighbor said, only to finish the thought by saying, “Everything ok at work?” As if I had economized myself into a dull car.  

“Exactly”, I replied, “This car can only be appropriately viewed from the drivers seat, and only while bombing a twisty back road”

I just purchased the Mk8 r, and every time I switch from sleepy comfort, or as I like to refer to it, stealth mode, into sport, race or of course custom, a huge smile blooms on my face, which can only be bested by seeing the look on the face of the Porsche,  or Ferrari owners face as I scoot past them.  I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

On 05/05/2022 at 11:39, NJS said:

New sump fitted today to replace the cracked one!  Replaced with another plastic one and an extended undertray to, hopefully, stop it happening again. Crack was caused by stone impact damage and wouldn't be entertained as a warranty claim.  Apparently this is a rare occurrence so I am just unlucky.

A rare occurrence, I know several people who has suffered the same fate.

How such a crucial area of the car be made of plastic is beyond me.