What did you do to your R today?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have it a long overdue wash.                  

Well I couldn't wait to clean the car for pics in the end.. I'm absolutely chuffed with how they look. Was worried about the grey on grey to begin with but I am very happy.    

Had the R lowered and my wheels fitted.      

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, EcosseGolfR said:

Apologies for the random question but can anyone recommend any good bird sh*t remover?

I’m sure @Booth11 has got some recommendations.

Very topical since a feathered fiend splattered my roof and windscreen this morning as I was driving down the motorway.  

I use a Quick Detailer for bird strikes as always have some to hand at home or in the boot of my car if mobile.  I soak a soft microfibre with QD and then lay the wet cloth over the bird crap until it lifts away without any need to scrub at it.  I use Chemical Guys Spoed Wipe or Bouncers but any QD will do.  Alternatively just soaking a cloth or paper towel water and then doing the same works.  

3 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Looks great Neil! 😎  And brings back memories. Lol.  I hope your beloved dog is doing ok. 

Haha. Thanks Rebecca.  Still catches my eye and admiring glances.
Ziva the Schnoodle (Cross Schnauser/ Poodle) doing ok.  Not brill. But ok.  Nearly 12 weeks post op.  Will tolerate a 20 min walk, a 15.  Then Sod this😂

See Vet in 2/52 and likely some Hydrotherapy for her to follow.

(Nice drive to Hydrotheapy Clinic tho, so….)

7 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Still looks brand new Neil emoji1665.pngemoji108.png

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey Paul.  Hello there.  Hope you are well and life is being kinder to you.  Great to hear from you, man. 
You’re not wrong.   My R is a real garage queen.  Just hitting. 6500 miles, turned 3yo  in March.   Every mile a treat. 🙏

Hey Paul.  Hello there.  Hope you are well and life is being kinder to you.  Great to hear from you, man. 
You’re not wrong.   My R is a real garage queen.  Just hitting. 6500 miles, turned 3yo  in March.   Every mile a treat.
In doing ok Neil .. Trying to handle life's tougher moments...But am coping ok...Hope you are doing well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

But am coping ok

I’m sending positive / healing energy & kind thoughts over to you  NZ.  They will take a bit longer to reach you than Rebecca’s as I’m further North. 😀

Stay strong, stay well mate, to keep going. 

Had mine in to a local well known garage for DSG and Haldex servicing which hadn’t been done prior to me purchasing.(goodwill gesture). Luckily I was within my “60 day no quibble warranty” and I had also asked them to check coolant loss and knocking from passenger wheel. Turns out the thermostat housing and a hose were leaking and the brake pads/calliper were somehow loose? This car by the way had just been through the garages workshop a month ago😖. I reckon for their prices I would be a grand lighter out with the warranty. All fixed now though but highlights the shit service from AC. Doubt that’s been through a thorough pre-sale inspection.