Kieran

Kieran's Stage 3 7R (524PS/671NM)

Hey guys

I've been on VWROC for a year now and I've owned my 7R for just over a year too, so this post is a bit late but hey ho, haha! Here's my Mk7 Golf R (DSG, 5 door, Pure White).

It's had quite a bit done to is so here's the full list of all the mods:

• MRC Stage 3 ECU and DSG map (524PS/671NM)
  • Turbo Technics V4 hybrid IS38 turbo
  • Full turbo-back, valved, Milltek exhaust system
  • Wagner intercooler
  • Autotech HPFP
  • Unitronic carbon fibre air intake (including pipe and elbow)
  • GFB DV+
  • NGK Racing R7438-9 spark plugs
  • 4 BAR map sensors
  • KW V3 coilovers
  • VWR Dogbone & Subframe Mount
  • 034 Motorsport Rear ARB
  • ATS Racelight, 19x8.5j ET35, wheels in Satin Black, w/Michelin PS4S (235/35/19)
  • Audi 8 pot brake calipers w/Vagbremtechnic 362mm two-piece discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads
  • Carbon fibre mirror covers with dynamic mirror indicators
  • Carbon fibre spoiler
  • Wind deflectors

All of the mods were fitted by me and mates on my drive, so feel free to ask any questions! The Stage 3 mapping was just completed this week. It's an actual animal to drive... not sure I was ready for how fast it actually is haha!

41714693_2163394053980902_8829595734211821568_n.jpg

41521061_493708617705935_4847364793947914240_n.jpg

14 hours ago, Kieran said:

Hey guys

I've been on VWROC for a year now and I've owned my 7R for just over a year too, so this post is a bit late but hey ho, haha! Here's my Mk7 Golf R (DSG, 5 door, Pure White).

It's had quite a bit done to is so here's the full list of all the mods:

• MRC Stage 3 ECU and DSG map (524PS/671NM)
  • Turbo Technics V4 hybrid IS38 turbo
  • Full turbo-back, valved, Milltek exhaust system
  • Wagner intercooler
  • Autotech HPFP
  • Unitronic carbon fibre air intake (including pipe and elbow)
  • GFB DV+
  • NGK Racing R7438-9 spark plugs
  • 4 BAR map sensors
  • KW V3 coilovers
  • ATS Racelight, 19x8.5j ET35, wheels in Satin Black
  • Audi 8 pot brake calipers with Vagbremtechnic 362mm two-piece discs
  • Carbon fibre mirror covers with dynamic mirror indicators
  • Wind deflectors

All of the mods were fitted by me and mates on my drive, so feel free to ask any questions! The Stage 3 mapping was just completed this week. It's an actual animal to drive... not sure I was ready for how fast it actually is haha!

41714693_2163394053980902_8829595734211821568_n.jpg

41521061_493708617705935_4847364793947914240_n.jpg

Great looking R Kieran....and very impressive list of mods!!:afro::):P:wink:

15 hours ago, Jon R306 said:

Wow this looks an awesome R😎😎 much respect ✊🏼 Kieran.

how are you finding the KWV3S I have them fitted non DCC and find they’re great .😁

Thanks haha! Yeah the KW V3 coilovers are actually amazing, best coilovers I've experienced by far, I can't believe how comfy the car still is

15 hours ago, EcosseGolfR said:

Wow...all that work in a year, must have cost a small fortune. You must have put the wife and kids on eBay to bank roll that project.

Hahaha, I'm only 20 so no wife or kids yet, but the girlfriend loves it so that's a plus haha!

Fitted literally everything myself so saved a heck of a lot in labour charges 😁

9 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Hahaha, I'm only 20 so no wife or kids yet, but the girlfriend loves it so that's a plus haha!

Fitted literally everything myself so saved a heck of a lot in labour charges 😁

It's great having no commitments hahah, my girlfriend is still to be convinced by the R, she nearly cried yesterday as it's the last time she'll see my ST haha

1 minute ago, belfast col said:

Whats your V-Box stats for standing quarter/ 0-60/0-100??

I don't have times yet, I'm going to be getting a Dragy box very soon (slightly cheaper than Vbox but considered just as accurate). I'm expecting 2.9-3.2 for 0-60 and 10.7-11.1 for 1/4 mile

2 minutes ago, JJB said:

It's great having no commitments hahah, my girlfriend is still to be convinced by the R, she nearly cried yesterday as it's the last time she'll see my ST haha

Haha yeah! I'm sure she'll love it, my gf was the same when I got rid of my last car

16 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I don't have times yet, I'm going to be getting a Dragy box very soon (slightly cheaper than Vbox but considered just as accurate). I'm expecting 2.9-3.2 for 0-60 and 10.7-11.1 for 1/4 mile

If you have any videos be sure to post them!

21 hours ago, Kieran said:

Impressive...:afro::P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By ellixtt
      So in August I traded my Manual 7R in for a DSG one (65 plate with 23k on clock), I bought the DSG for many reasons but mainly due to wanting to take it to Stage 1. After doing lots of research now I am slightly hesitant

Would turbo failure be less likely on a car which has more miles problem free? I understand there is an issue with balancing but would this have become apparent earlier or are turbos still just as likely to blow on high miles - This goes for after going stage 1 too?

I currently have 722H

£1-2k is hefty (for me) so on one hand I'm thinking leave it but on the other I know there are many people out there running tunes with no issues whatsoever! A DSG map is definitely on there cards though without a doubt.

** PS apologies I know the turbo failure topic has been beaten to death 9 billion times **
    • By Has7rr
      Hi guys,

Im wondering who offers the best package in regards to going stage 3.

Assuming  I already  had all the hardwhere installed for stage2. Downpipe intercooler  ect.

Who can offer the most competitive  package for stage3. Including fitting of all parts and mapping.  So a Turbo , HPFP and the tcu ecu maps to coincide  with this and whatever else may be needed.

Any information is appreciated!

Kind regards
      Hassan
    • By samx300
      Howdy folks,

My name is Sam and I am a proud owner of a one of a kind Black Golf 7R, DSG with 5 Doors. I have named her Raven (I have my reasons   )

Bit of background: I upgraded from a Mk5 GTI that was running a Stage 2+ Tune from R-Tech. My previous build thread (picture heavy) can be found here: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92146.0.html

I test drove a 7R at the start of 2016 and had my heart set on one ever since. However, I was too picky and wanted the exact specification I had in mind. Luckily I soon found the previous owner and have closely followed the development of this car from stock. I finally took ownership at the end of 2016. And needless to say...what a machine...  
      To put things into perspective   
      2011 GT-R R35: 523HP, 451LBFT, 1740KG 
      2014 Raven: 550HP, 556LBFT, 1401KG
      In her base form, she's a top spec Japanese Import 7R (2014 model). Factory spec includes:
      - 5 Door DSG in DBP
      - DCC (now swapped with VWR Coilies)
      - Discover Nav Pro with Reverse Camera
      - Sunroof
      - Keyless Entry
      - Black Leather interior with fully electric driver's seat adjustment
      - Lane Assist, Light Assist and all the other trimmings such as ACC etc
      I do not have the mods list compiled - its' a big list.. so for now, enjoy some pictures. Feel free to follow my Insta @sam.7r for recent updates.

LOADS of changes have been made since I've taken ownership and there are plenty more in the pipeline. So stay tuned..
      Most of the changes I've made are related to suspension, chassis, wheels, audio and some performance. There's few cosmetic bits too.

I will continue to update this thread as and when I can..

Latest Dyno Plot from March 2017:

The day I bought her:

Few months later in 2017:

Here is Raven's spec list:
      Turbo Technics Hybrid V1 Turbo with uprated compressor wheel (non IS38) APR Uprated DSG Clutch Pack MRC Custom Stage 3 ECU Remap (with pops, bangs and crackles) 😬 APR Stage 3 DSG Remap (to complement their uprated Clutchpacks) Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler Scorpion Decat Downpipe VWR Racingline 'Cup Edition' Resonated Cat Back (Non Valved) with Titanium Quad Cannons VWR Racingline R600 Air Intake Autotech HPFP Turbo Technics Large Bore Intake Hose and Bell Mouth Revo Turbo Muffler Delete GFB DV+ Fluidampr Crank Pulley and ARP bolt Uprated MAF and MAP Sensor VWR Racingline Catch Can Oil Management System VWR Racingline Washer Bottle Relocation Kit with Billet Filler Cap Millers Nanodrive CFS NT+ 5W40 Oil NGK R7437-9 Race Plugs Latest Revision (K) Coilpacks Racingline Tracksport Coilovers (2 way adjustable with 12 way rebound adjustment, dropped to perfection) Racingline 6 Pot Aluminium Monobloc Front BBK running 360x32mm 2 piece slotted discs (with directional cooling) Racingline 2 piece 310x22mm vented rear slotted discs Oettinger Front Splitter (Custom Fit) Oettinger Rear Spoiler (Body Colour) Oettinger Rear Boot Trim (Custom Paint) SRS Tec Wide Front Wings SuperPro Alloy Lower Control Arms, extended 95K version SuperPro Full Front and Rear Bush Kit H&R ARBs Front and Rear 27/25mm SuperPro ARB Drop Links Front and Rear SuperPro Full Engine Mount Set (Dogbone, Engine and Gearbox) Neuspeed RSe 102 Lightweight Alloys, 19x8.5 ET+45, 9kg each wrapped in Michelin PS4s (Custom Shadow Chrome Paint) Custom Door, Interior and Rear Footwell LED lighting by EMTuning Full body Paint Protection Film (PPF) coverage - Suntek Ultra film Badgeskins for Engine Cover, and all exterior R badges/blades. Custom Carbon Fibre Steering Wheels (Yellow/Black Raven Theme) Black Aluminium DSG Pedal Extensions Philips Diamond Bright Turning Side Lights (H7) Racingline Billet Coolant Cap Racingline Billet Oil Dipstick Racingline Billet Engine Oil Filter Housing Racingline Billet Engine Oil Filler Cap  
      Audio Setup:
      OEM Discover Nav Pro Head Unit Audison Bit Ten D - Digital Signal Interface Processor JL Audio HD750/1 Class D 750 Watts Mono Amplifier JL Audio HO112W6V3 600 Watts Subwoofer in High Output Enclosure Focal ES165K - Elite K2 Power Series 120 Watts 6.5" Component Speakers, Front and Rear JL Audio HD600/4 - 600 Watts 4 Channel Amplifier Dynamat Coating on doors Stinger OFC Cables
      Engine build + bigger blower planned for future so watch this space..   

Thanks for looking!  
    • By andy13
      Had the opportunity to drive this monster last week! What a car!   https://youtu.be/fufvnzP2FlA
    • By GuyKitch
      I think it's time to set up a thread for my Golf. I did this on MiniTorque a few years ago with my R53 Cooper S and all of a sudden it went like a bat out of hell and I spent thousands.

That's what I plan on doing again, but on a better car, and this time, with more displacement, 4wd and a turbo. More potential for sure.

Picked up the car mid-April. I was looking around and originally was planning on getting DSG, and in the Lapiz blue. Went to Leicester to test drive theirs, but when I arrived, I was told it had sold. Great customer service. Anyway, back in Northampton we have a Parkway dealer. I test drove their Black 14 plate Golf R, fully specced apart from Pro Nav (bummer) and fell in love. Torquey, comfortable and full of gadgets. Everything I was lacking in the Cooper S (a shelled out tin can with bucket seats). I left a deposit and picked it up the following weekend.

I quickly got bored with the power. It just wasn't aggressive enough. Felt quick initially but the inertia of power quickly faded away. I was in communication with Will @ VRS Northampton (handy for me, only about 7 miles away) over email for a while, before I booked in for an APR Stage 1 Low Output map.

This transformed the car - how it should have been from factory. The turbo has a noticeably more satisfying note, the car pulls significantly harder and hits 1xx with ease. But, I have to go all out, or nothing at all, so this is only the beginning.

The clutch is slipping intermittently, so a quick call to Will to purchase their daddy of Paddle clutches. This should be fitted this week, along with VWR springs (coilovers are 100% in the pipeline, but not a necessity just yet).

Then the fun really begins. Stay tuned.

CURRENT SPEC (15/06/16)

- APR Stage 1 Low Output
      - Sachs Performance Clutch 4 Paddle Sintered
      - Carbon Mirror Caps
      - VWR Lowering Springs
      - Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 18" w/ Pilot Cup 2's