Fletch..gti

Leave vehicle in P

just got my car back from a service plus had petrol flap solenoid replaced and under bonnet soundproofing replaced all under warranty. Also had the warning leave vehicle in p position problem looked at , it’s known that it’s the gear selector which is at fault but vw have just reset and cleared the fault codes and advised me to monitor it . Anyone else had the same from vw ? 

It depends on whether the wiring loom has been pinched during installation. 

The service bulletin says for the tech to inspect for visible damage to wiring from installation , if found repair wiring and reset fault code. If no damage to wiring is found replace gear selector assembly 

Absolutely fuming, I have drove the car around 10 miles and yes you got it the warning ⚠️ sign has come on 4 times. 

‘They cleared the fault codes and reset it , well anyone knows if there’s a problem ( gear selector switch we all know that ) 

well just clearing it well the fault is still there so will come back . It’s not rocket science. Phoned them twice and the service man 

who dealt with me yesterday is not ringing back 😡so it looks like a trip to the dealers tomorrow to see him ..... not fooking happy 

17 hours ago, Fletch..gti said:

Absolutely fuming, I have drove the car around 10 miles and yes you got it the warning ⚠️ sign has come on 4 times. 

‘They cleared the fault codes and reset it , well anyone knows if there’s a problem ( gear selector switch we all know that ) 

well just clearing it well the fault is still there so will come back . It’s not rocket science. Phoned them twice and the service man 

who dealt with me yesterday is not ringing back 😡so it looks like a trip to the dealers tomorrow to see him ..... not fooking happy 

Unfortunately you are. Dealing with so called technicians and not mechanics.

you only get that type of service at Indy’s now a days.

Unfortunately you are. Dealing with so called technicians and not mechanics.
you only get that type of service at Indy’s now a days.
Good luck getting warranty work done at an Indy

Hopefully now they have tried the reset route it will be replacement time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is the same fault as on my work dsg  Octavia - it’s now out of warranty and they want over £900 to replace the selector, hence best to keep badgering them

its not yet caused a physical issue with the car though