Jon-Paul

Mercedes A35

Exterior looks ok but the dash screen looks horrendous, no style at all, too flat and too long.
I wonder how the base car will look, the base A45 looks nothing imo without the optional aero kit so wonder how that price will compare to an R?

It’s the same dash as the E class... it’s ok in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A reliable source is telling me  there  is likely to be an A45 and an A45S which could have 426bhp. The A45 are likely to get the Panamericana style grill off the likes of the AMG GT , C63 etc .  The AMG cabin is definitely a classy place to be.  The “double iPad “ will divide opinion but I prefer it to the previous mix of traditional dials and stuck on iPad. An A35 at around 37k would probably be around the same price as a decent specced R but the cabin would be far nicer , better choice of wheels too. The MK8 Golf R will hopefully get a much more upmarket interior and hopefully some decent electric Recaros (which I believe are in the AMG A45) 

This gives the A35 4Matic a slight edge over the M140i and S3, which are claimed to accelerate to 62mph in 4.8sec and 5.3sec respectively, in outright straight-line performance. 

Wrong: They're quoting the S3 0-60 with a manual box and not the 4.6 for the DSG. Why can't journos get something like that right??!!

When my wife's s3 lease ends in 18 months it will be out of this, new 1 series and another s3. 

Its good timing for us with a35, mk8 and new 1 series all out in 2020. 

I think smart move by mercedes to release competitor for the s3/R. I see BMW are coming 21st century with digital dash, electric handbrake etc and 2L 4cy so will be very similar to others. 

I look forward to testing them

all. Took new mustang out couple days ago and disappointing. Looks and sounds great but Performace felt lacking compared to my stage 2 mk7r and interior well below that of wife's FL s3. 

That’ll be quite a challenge to the r

I’m not a huge Mercedes fan - but this one looks quite cool (in an overtly sporty kind of way).

At £36k and only 302 BHP, it’s not really a challenge to the R. The R is only slightly different on power and way cheaper. Possibly the only good thing is it might sound better. I think the R’s 4wd system is better from what I’ve seen on the A45 4matic system - unless Mercedes have tweaked it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m very tempted on the A35 from what I have seen. Need to have a proper test drive when they are in the show room next year. The blue colour scheme looks good which I might go for , but it also suits the yellow as well. I’m wondering if I can spec up one how I like for under that £40K mark ...