Quicksilver661

Hello from Bahrain!

I've been lurking here for about 3 weeks now and WOW, i am overwhelmed with the amount of useful information available here for new owners like myself; especially the What to check for thread and the tips and tricks thread. So for that, i decided to join and thank you!

My name is Khaled and i am from Bahrain. Had my car for a little over 2 week now and i love it! This is my first VW ever, i remember my dad had a navy MK2 cabriolet at some point; but i was probably 5 at the time lol. Of course it is long gone..

So what is it? It is a 2018 Lapiz Blue fully loaded, GCC spec. so there might be a few differences from the Euro or US spec ones given the heat we live in 🌅.

Only 2 options available at the stealership at the time were:

1. 2x fully loaded (one on display + one stored) w/ DCC, ACC, 19" spielberg (😭), Digital cockpit w/ nav & 9.2 display, Nappa leather, DSG (not many manuals in this country except by order; unless it is a toyota Hilux lol), Dynaudio... umm can't remember if there is anything else missing - The one i got.
  2. 2x lower option (white silver on display + Indium Grey stored) w/ no DCC, no ACC, 18" Cadiz, digital cockpit but no nav in it, the smaller display with the knobs (not sure what its called), Vienna leather, DSG, w/o Dynaudio.

I was torn between the Lapiz Blue and the Indium grey, and i had to go with the Blue! Because... my other car i have is blue too lol. Many criticized me for it, but i just love blue, what can i say! That and i thought it was pointless getting a digital dash with no nav in it.

I took a few pics for you guys hopping to have a small peice of Bahrain in there. I'm sorry it was not washed that day 🤦‍♂️. Now if i can only figure out how to upload them 🤔.

Well, thank you for having me and it is a pleasure being here :). Also i'm sorry for any bad English as it is my 2nd language.

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

13 hours ago, Quicksilver661 said:

I've been lurking here for about 3 weeks now and WOW, i am overwhelmed with the amount of useful information available here for new owners like myself; especially the What to check for thread and the tips and tricks thread. So for that, i decided to join and thank you!

My name is Khaled and i am from Bahrain. Had my car for a little over 2 week now and i love it! This is my first VW ever, i remember my dad had a navy MK2 cabriolet at some point; but i was probably 5 at the time lol. Of course it is long gone..

So what is it? It is a 2018 Lapiz Blue fully loaded, GCC spec. so there might be a few differences from the Euro or US spec ones given the heat we live in 🌅.

Only 2 options available at the stealership at the time were:

1. 2x fully loaded (one on display + one stored) w/ DCC, ACC, 19" spielberg (😭), Digital cockpit w/ nav & 9.2 display, Nappa leather, DSG (not many manuals in this country except by order; unless it is a toyota Hilux lol), Dynaudio... umm can't remember if there is anything else missing - The one i got.
  2. 2x lower option (white silver on display + Indium Grey stored) w/ no DCC, no ACC, 18" Cadiz, digital cockpit but no nav in it, the smaller display with the knobs (not sure what its called), Vienna leather, DSG, w/o Dynaudio.

I was torn between the Lapiz Blue and the Indium grey, and i had to go with the Blue! Because... my other car i have is blue too lol. Many criticized me for it, but i just love blue, what can i say! That and i thought it was pointless getting a digital dash with no nav in it.

I took a few pics for you guys hopping to have a small peice of Bahrain in there. I'm sorry it was not washed that day 🤦‍♂️. Now if i can only figure out how to upload them 🤔.

Well, thank you for having me and it is a pleasure being here :). Also i'm sorry for any bad English as it is my 2nd language.

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg:welcome::)

Hello and welcome Khaled....Nice R you have there...Your English is fine..:afro:

18 hours ago, Kaz said:

Stunning car! And wow those photos are fab! 😀

Thank you very much! I was meaning the get there a bit earlier to have a little more sun but i was late 😅

18 hours ago, Jon-Paul said:

:welcome:

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Welcome to the forum Khaled.    

Looks a beautiful car and great pics!  You should enter one of those in our Photo of the Month Competition!  

Thank you very much, i will do that every month if i get the chance :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, BobbyT said:

Spent a bit of time in Bahrain at the end of 2009 start of 10! Great place, loved the night life. 

Thank you for your kind words! It has improved a lot since then, lemme know if you are visiting again; I'll be more than happy to show you around! That actually goes to anyone here who wants to visit ✈️

15 hours ago, Nile said:

Lovely!!

i quite like Speilbergs. Bought it with the R this time!

welcome to the forum. 🤠

Thank you! They are growing on me but new shoes are on the wishlist, among other things 🤫

4 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Hello and welcome Khaled....Nice R you have there...Your English is fine..:afro:

Thank you! It is nothing compared to what you guys drive, but hopefully one day! one car part at a time lol.

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Twitch said:

Great car great spec, Enjoy

Thank you! You're user name had me like 😍.. i spend a lot of my days on twitch lol

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

24 minutes ago, Quicksilver661 said:

Thank you! You're user name had me like 😍.. i spend a lot of my days on twitch lol

lol

My user name has also been nick name, and gaming tag for over 20 years.. 

Never watched twitch tv myself...

5 hours ago, WHY.A.H.WHY.A said:

Mabrook Khalid, Ya36eek 5airha o Yakfeek sharha 😎

Hit me up on PM, I run the local VW club in Bahrain if you are interested to join.

https://www.instagram.com/vw_club_bahrain/

-Yahya

Allah ybarek fi 7yatek, ma tg9er yal '3ali!  What are the odds of running into you here lol. I came across the Instagram page, very impressive but hesitated because i deleted my facebook account a long time ago 😅. I will get in touch with you soon though, thanks!

2 hours ago, Nitto said:

Welcome to the group. Very nice photos.

BDF93A72-CA28-4973-A0FB-C2AD81EFFA6F.gif

Thank you, it is a pleasure to be here! Hope to be more active though, work + streaming are keeping me occupied 🧛‍♂️