Awsltd

So many R’s

I can’t go anywhere without seeing a golf r it seems . They’re everywhere and I never get bored of seeing them. But today  I’ve seen three in one body shop then followed a red one home all within about two hours. 

I was doing a job for a local body shop and had to feel sorry for those cars being repaired at next to no age.

11 hours ago, Awsltd said:

I can’t go anywhere without seeing a golf r it seems . They’re everywhere and I never get bored of seeing them. But today  I’ve seen three in one body shop then followed a red one home all within about two hours. 

I was doing a job for a local body shop and had to feel sorry for those cars being repaired at next to no age.

I'm lucky if I see another Golf R on any given day...They are very rare in this part of the world...IE..Wellington NZ:rolleyes:...They are around....but its hard to spot them when I'm out and about..:)......Might see 3 to 4 every week or so..:wacko:

Quite a few around here, see 1 or 2every day.

at the moment it's fine with plenty of them around.

the problem comes when the price drops on used (as they get older), then you have knobheads that can't really afford them buying them.

they then start chaving  them up, cheap tyres or barely legal tyres, driving cars they have f**k all ability with, that's when a car model dies a painful death.

I literally drove off my drive for work earlier and passed a known one to me in salisbury before I even reached 3rd gear.. 

couldnt believe it after only started a thread last night. 😂

You're driving down the road, and you see this coming head on, complete with silver wing mirrors, DRLs, R in the grill and you say, ah, another R. The wheels are spinning so you don't notice them, and the lower black part of the grill detail is something your eye is unlikely to pick-up as you concentrate on the road, and you don't really notice that the ride height is a bit higher.

945954_1--2.jpg

This particular one (and maybe the wing mirrors aren't exactly like an R) is a 150bhp TDi. I suspect that, while there are actually plenty of Rs out there, unless you are behind them and see the quad pipes, many might be R Lines. That is the reason for the quad pipes. The GTI has duals (which I think look good), the R quads (which my inner kid thinks look great) while the rest of the range have that integrated natty look. 

You're driving down the road, and you see this coming head on, complete with silver wing mirrors, DRLs, R in the grill and you say, ah, another R. The wheels are spinning so you don't notice them, and the lower black part of the grill detail is something your eye is unlikely to pick-up as you concentrate on the road, and you don't really notice that the ride height is a bit higher.

945954_1--2.jpg

This particular one (and maybe the wing mirrors aren't exactly like an R) is a 150bhp TDi. I suspect that, while there are actually plenty of Rs out there, unless you are behind them and see the quad pipes, many might be R Lines. That is the reason for the quad pipes. The GTI has duals (which I think look good), the R quads (which my inner kid thinks look great) while the rest of the range have that integrated natty look. 

I hate the R line. Way to devalue the Golf R. Stick an almost identical front on a cheaper version. I mentioned it to my local VW dealer and he said I was the 3rd person to tell him that this week.

It's the same with M Sport. My Ex girlfriend said her dad drove an M3... He didn't it was a 320 M sport..

At least most of you have the good luck to be spotting them whilst driving an R. Not like some of us waiting God knows how long for theirs with sod all reliable
info coming from VW.

I’m a bit like a kid with no money passing a sweatshop window ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Dollyman said:

At least most of you have the good luck to be spotting them whilst driving an R. Not like some of us waiting God knows how long for theirs with sod all reliable
info coming from VW.

I’m a bit like a kid with no money passing a sweatshop window ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not ask the dealer if you can borrow an R Line while you wait :)

39 minutes ago, mardon85 said:

I hate the R line. Way to devalue the Golf R. Stick an almost identical front on a cheaper version. I mentioned it to my local VW dealer and he said I was the 3rd person to tell him that this week.

It's the same with M Sport. My Ex girlfriend said her dad drove an M3... He didn't it was a 320 M sport..

Its simple economics. Where are you going to make the most money? With the R/M or R-Line/M-Sport