petem86

Pedal box by dtuk

Must depend on individual staff, mate of mine bought second hand one off Ebay, found it was wrong for his car (manual not DSG), they gave him price to update and had it back to him in a few days.

I have the plus on a 310 mk7.5 and I’m sure it’ll fit the mk7 with no issues and better than buying a very early box because the grey plug was difficult to remove once installed.

The plus is a 5 minute Job to fit and is a great/ fantastic  mod

33 minutes ago, SIMK7.5 said:

They told me that they are different units and not interchangeable with PFL/FL cars due to software differences?!

Makes me very suspicious, I had a pedal box on my previous generation S3 and transferred it to my Mk 7.5R and it worked fine, although it was a different manufacturer. Connectors haven't changed for 10 years.

Are you sure they aren't talking about the tuning box not the pedal box.

4 minutes ago, golf7.5r said:

Makes me very suspicious, I had a pedal box on my previous generation S3 and transferred it to my Mk 7.5R and it worked fine, although it was a different manufacturer. Connectors haven't changed for 10 years.

Are you sure they aren't talking about the tuning box not the pedal box.

Yeah, definitely the pedal box! I was looking at a PFL one up for sale here and thought i'd double check before I pulled the trigger.

May have been a ploy to get me to buy a new one direct from them?! (Which I did in the end, subsequently sold it anyway).

On 08/10/2018 at 21:06, Rmick said:

Ask DTUK, they have good customer serviceemoji106.png

Yes, good customer service until you want to return an item - then their customer service is absolutely appalling, in my own experience. 

4 hours ago, GregR-125 said:

Yes, good customer service until you want to return an item - then their customer service is absolutely appalling, in my own experience. 

My customer experience was also significantly less than excellent. 

I live in Australia, but DTUK sent my unit to a small Central American country (their error).  I had paid for (quite expensive) express delivery.  They wanted me to wait while the unit was returned to them (in the UK), then they were intending to re-send it to me (in Oz). 

I suggested that seeing as I didn't receive the express delivery service I had paid for and it was their fault, they (DTUK) should refund the express delivery charge.  They refused what I thought was a quite reasonable request, so I cancelled the whole purchase from them and bought from the manufacturer ( DTE in Germany), IIRC the second unit was delivered soon after I received my refund.

The pedalbox+ is a brilliant unit, works very well and I really like the adjustability.  I have no idea why VW have deliberately deadened the throttle response of the R motor, but it has created a market niche for a product to fix this defect.

9 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

My customer experience was also significantly less than excellent. 

I live in Australia, but DTUK sent my unit to a small Central American country (their error).  I had paid for (quite expensive) express delivery.  They wanted me to wait while the unit was returned to them (in the UK), then they were intending to re-send it to me (in Oz). 

I suggested that seeing as I didn't receive the express delivery service I had paid for and it was their fault, they (DTUK) should refund the express delivery charge.  They refused what I thought was a quite reasonable request, so I cancelled the whole purchase from them and bought from the manufacturer ( DTE in Germany), IIRC the second unit was delivered soon after I received my refund.

The pedalbox+ is a brilliant unit, works very well and I really like the adjustability.  I have no idea why VW have deliberately deadened the throttle response of the R motor, but it has created a market niche for a product to fix this defect.

Yes, the unit itself is fantastic and purely a positive reflection on the manufacturers only, DTE Germany. But sold in the UK by a middleman 3rd party seller. 

I only like to buy from retailers who's Terms & Conditions are fully compliant with the Consumer Contracts Regulations June 2015. One of those Regs forbids the charging of 'restocking fees' which have been illegal since then. Also 14 days to return a product is another standard Regulation.