Kieran

Track Day for £117 @ Oulton Park on 28th November

Would anyone be up for a track day at Oulton Park on 28th November?

If we can get 5+ people it’s £117 each for the entire day (if booked soon) and we get a free garage to use between us. Open pitlane, and the organiser is MSVT. Normal price is £129 without a garage

Currently need 3 more people to qualify for the discount (you don't need to have or take your Golf, can be any car)

Think it would be a lot of fun if we got a few of us there! Any questions or if you’re interested send me a message

Oulton Park is a great circuit, shame it's midweek as I would have been up for it.

BTW, MSV usually only get a small number of garages pre-booked midweek winter time. Whatever is left over can be taken on a first come first served basis. I got a free garage at Donington and Snetterton on my recent visits. You'll probably be able to bag a few garages.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, GrantW said:

Oulton Park is a great circuit, shame it's midweek as I would have been up for it.

BTW, MSV usually only get a small number of garages pre-booked midweek winter time. Whatever is left over can be taken on a first come first served basis. I got a free garage at Donington and Snetterton on my recent visits. You'll probably be able to bag a few garages.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not too bothered about the garage just trying to get a few people to meet up ahaha! But good to know, will be my first track day in the UK

Pffff that's only hour and a half, I drive all the way to Germany just to do a few laps of a track  hahaha

I’m thinking of doing the ring next year too... should get a group together. Don’t expect me to keep up though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, JJB said:

I’m thinking of doing the ring next year too... should get a group together. Don’t expect me to keep up though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayyee! That'd be awesome, I'm going with my friend in May sometime (just gotta wait for the Nurburgring to release the 2019 dates), tends to be best time to go imo, good weather and it's not too busy - be great if we could get a few others as well

Just now, Kieran said:

Ayyee! That'd be awesome, I'm going with my friend in May sometime (just gotta wait for the Nurburgring to release the 2019 dates), tends to be best time to go imo, good weather and it's not too busy - be great if we could get a few others as well

I can get a thread together for it, I'm sure there'd be a few willing souls. 

Where would you be departing from? Hull? I'm in Leeds myself. I've got a big costings sheet someone did on the ST owners forum which may help people too so I'll dig that out.

"1am and we'll get to the hotel for about 2pm" :sick3:----------the ferry takes too much time and faffing around.

Eurotunnel for me. If I leave my house at 11AM it takes me 1h30m to get to Eurotunnel, appx 1 hour later I'm in France, 3.5 hours to Adenau. I usually do it door to door in about 6 hours.

I'll join a posse if we can get one together. 

Unless it's a private day organised by DN or Circuit Days etc. I would prefer not to go in June/July/August as it's crazy on Touristenfahrten.

The ferry is dead easy, just drive up show your ticket and passport and then wait to get on haha. Also getting the ferry to Dunkirk saves ~30 mins driving compared to getting the Eurotunnel to Calais, as Dunkirk is little closer to Germany (so that makes up for the extra 30 mins you're on the ferry) :P Also able to get food and have a nice sit down, outside of the car on the ferry

Yeah, we tend to go in May for that reason. May's the sweet spot in my opinion

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By admin
      Right then people. Our little Elves have been hard at work for you this Xmas. We're giving you the chance to win 2 tickets and VIP paddock passes to the fabled Autosport International Show on the 11-14th of January 2018.
        All you have to do is log in / sign up, comment with the correct answer, cross your fingers.    We've also managed get our grubby mitts on a second pair of tickets for the runner up (minus the paddock passes).   Winners will be chosen at random and contacted on 5th January 2018 via email and then announced here on 6th january   Good luck      
      View full article
    • By admin
      Right then people. Our little Elves have been hard at work for you this Xmas. We're giving you the chance to win 2 tickets and VIP paddock passes to the fabled Autosport International Show on the 11-14th of January 2018.
        All you have to do is log in / sign up, comment with the correct answer, cross your fingers.    We've also managed get our grubby mitts on a second pair of tickets for the runner up (minus the paddock passes).   Winners will be chosen at random and contacted on 5th January 2018 via email and then announced here on 6th january   Good luck      
    • By Ash-Regal-Autosport
      If you're using your Golf 7R for fast road and track use... you're going to want to try the new Road Legal Nankang Motorsport range!

AR-1 

NS2R 

This story goes back a few weeks to GTI International whereby I was with my brother who has a heavily modified Cayman S (pictured below) running Toyo R888Rs, spending the day whizzing around the Rockingham National circuit. Unfortunately, on the first day, the R888Rs grew a bulge in the side wall as the day went on and we were left without a safe set of tyres which we could continue to day 2 of the event. Fortunately, Nankang was there at the show with their AR-1 equipped 993 Cup Car which had similar fitment wheels to the Cayman, albeit another 20mm narrower front and rear to the Toyo R888R setup. Nankang kindly lent the wheel and tyre set to us for the day.

The difference was astonishing. The AR-1s provided a dramatic increase in traction, grip and stability like you would not believe. A perfect example of this is that out of the tight hairpin of Tarzan, on the R888Rs this was a second gear corner whereby you would struggle for traction and the Cayman with its relatively low power of 300HP would spin up both wheels and send the car sideways. With the AR-1s Tarzan became a 3rd gear corner with a full throttle exit, without any wheel spin. Adding to this throughout the 30-minute session the AR-1 did not have any performance drop-off whereas the R888R would overheat in around 3-4 laps and you'd have to cool it down before going again. Not ideal. 

So that's how we came across the Nankang range, and now we are delighted to offer it to customers! I've also equipped my own Golf 7R with the Nankang AR-1s and the tyres have since exposed other areas of the chassis which need to be tweaked in order to maximise their performance. On the PSC2s the car used to slide around a lot on track and wheel spin, with the AR-1s this is eliminated. If anyone wants to sample the AR-1s, stop by our pit garage at VAG Tuner Live and we'll take you out for a couple of passenger laps!

Anyway, we have the whole motorsport range on offer. These tyres come in at a really attractive price with ridiculous performance. We are also offering free shipping to any UK mainland address, simply enter the coupon code " shipgrip " at the checkout 

Okay, so about the tyres... 

NS2R = Fast road and track day capable 
      AR-1 = Okay on road, but excel on track 

I currently daily drive on the AR-1s. You can't really safely get the tyres up to temperature on the road, so I'll be adding a set of NS2R to my stock wheels for road use. With that being said, the grip of the AR-1s when up to temperature is ridiculous. 

AR-1 Shop Links
      245/40/18 http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/245-40-R18-93Y-NANKANG-AR-1-N17.html 235/40/18  http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/235-40-R18-95Y-NANKANG-AR-1-N17-XL.html - this is what I run  225/40/18  http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/225-40-R18-92Y-NANKANG-AR-1-N17-XL.html   
      NS2R Shop Links
      225/40/18 100 Tread Wear http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/225-40-R18-92Y-NANKANG-NS-2R-100-COMP-XL.html 225/40/18 180 Tread Wear http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/225-40-R18-92Y-NANKANG-NS-2R-180-STREET-XL.html 235/40/18 180 Tread Wear http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/235-40-R18-95Y-NANKANG-NS-2R-180-STREET-XL.html 235/45/18 180 Tread Wear http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/235-45-R18-98Y-NANKANG-NS-2R-180-STREET-XL.html 245/40/18 http://www.regalautosport.com/shop/245-40-R18-97W-NANKANG-NS-2R-180.html  
      Don't forget to use the coupon code "shipgrip" at the checkout for FREE UK Mainland Shipping! 

• By Ferg_7R
      Anyone going to Dubshed in Belfast this year?

http://dubshed.com