Matt-tom

Launch control counter

8 minutes ago, Preemo said:

That’s a myth apparently spoke to a mapper today and he has never had the need to reset a DSG gearbox so it would launch again

The OP is referring to checking the ECU to see how many times launch control has been used on the car as the ECU stores a value each time launch control is activated on the vehicle.

The OP is referring to checking the ECU to see how many times launch control has been used on the car as the ECU stores a value each time launch control is activated on the vehicle.

Do you know this for a fact, or is it something you have read on the internet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does have a counter, I have VCDS - just checked mine.....has had 3 launches. 

I've only done 1 since ive had the car, previous 2 look to have been done by the dealership (it's a dealer demonstrator)....naughty! - the top sales guy had the car 2 months, musta been showing off to family and friends lol

It's a fact, thread here discusses it :

Depends what this ‘counter’ is actually counting. Launch control programs activated, or launch control actually carried out? I suspect it’s the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 67MK7.5R said:

A master technician from VW

YnK6q1l.jpg

Interesting but thing is if you bought an approved used VW Golf R and the previous owner launched it over 600 times and now you own it, VW would have to honour warranty work because it wouldn't be written confirmation that the cars had over 600 launches and is deemed as 'abused'.

I bought my 2015 R in august 2018 so who knows how many times its been launched, Im in warranty and if I launched it and something went bang they'd have to fix it.

23 hours ago, ellixtt said:

Interesting but thing is if you bought an approved used VW Golf R and the previous owner launched it over 600 times and now you own it, VW would have to honour warranty work because it wouldn't be written confirmation that the cars had over 600 launches and is deemed as 'abused'.

I bought my 2015 R in august 2018 so who knows how many times its been launched, Im in warranty and if I launched it and something went bang they'd have to fix it.

Yes. 

FF2AF53F-8D89-4E2E-AD5B-8C277354F559.jpeg

Told you it’s all a myth 

it’s like if you by a car and they said it you put your fit down at the lights every time you pulled away you was only “allowed’ to do it 100 times then you had no warranty. 

All Corsa drivers in the 20,s age bracket would be screwed lol

no offence to 20 year olds 

the Golf R would be worthless on the second hand market and they are far from it. 

Someone would find find a hack to clear the counter anyway 

16 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

When I picked my car up the other day my salesman told me I could only use launch control 4 times. Any more would invalidate the warranty.

utter rubbish. ask him to show you where it states that in the handbook. 

On 23/01/2019 at 07:36, Preemo said:

Told you it’s all a myth 

it’s like if you by a car and they said it you put your fit down at the lights every time you pulled away you was only “allowed’ to do it 100 times then you had no warranty. 

All Corsa drivers in the 20,s age bracket would be screwed lol

no offence to 20 year olds 

the Golf R would be worthless on the second hand market and they are far from it. 

Someone would find find a hack to clear the counter anyway 

The X amount of LC's before invalidated warranty is a myth yes, but if it's the probable cause to an issue they wouldn't cover it. The LC counter is used more so as a gauge as to whether the problem at hand was caused by it.