Boj27

VW Leeds washed my car...

Went in for second service today as it was part of the service plan. Paid £800 to have the car detailed back in the end of July, and they’ve washed it and there’s marks all over it. I need to get it under my lights but I assume it will be absolutely covered in swirls. I’m hoping the gtechniq crystal serum ultra with EXO topping will have protected the car a little....to make matters worse the NO WASH was highlighted at the top of my service sheet!

I showed them them the obvious marks and they’ve offered to machine polish them out which I frankly don’t want them doing, I’d rather have my trusted detailer do that at the very minimum, actually sod that I want them to pay for the whole thing doing again!!

has anyone been through this before, where do I stand? I have photos of the car after detailing on my phone, I’m planning on going down to the detailers tonight and taking some photos in the same spots so I can put them side to side, does this sound like a good idea? 

cheers,

simon 

Had this happen to me VW Stoke. Their notes clearly stated do not wash the car but they did anyway. They agreed to meet me and look at the car.

Met with some guy called Harry. Most arrogant person I'd ever met. Basically laughed in my face and at one point shouted '....we won't be paying to correct the paint sir'.

I made an official complaint and left it there. I'd take the detailer along if possible so they can describe the damage that's occurred and the cost to fix it. Hopefully VW Leeds are more sympathetic. 

5 minutes ago, MassMassa said:

I made an official complaint and left it there. 

I'd be tempted to let as many people as possible know by going on social media.  This will hit them where it hurts - ie reduced customers = lower profits.

I hang a large card that says "Please do NOT wash" from the interior mirror - hopefully even the stupidest, unobservant idiot will notice that and follow my quite clear instructions.

Was a while back now but in future I'd definitely take the social media route. Was a shame as previous to that they were pretty good to deal with.

Ps I had a do not wash sign bought from a detailer hanging on the mirror when they washed it! Unbelievable! 

4 minutes ago, MassMassa said:

Was a while back now but in future I'd definitely take the social media route. Was a shame as previous to that they were pretty good to deal with.

Ps I had a do not wash sign bought from a detailer hanging on the mirror when they washed it! Unbelievable! 

Just goes to show that when you try to make something idiot proof sometimes all that does is encourage said idiot to try even harder to screw things up :(

1 hour ago, MassMassa said:

Met with some guy called Harry. Most arrogant person I'd ever met. Basically laughed in my face and at one point shouted '....we won't be paying to correct the paint sir'.

I would have arranged for an unexpected chauffeur driven taxi to take 'Harry' for his genitals to be scrubbed with a brillo pad and some aggressive detergent. So he knew what your car bonnet went through.

I have 4x A4 signs DO NOT WASH ,dash board,passenger seat,back parcel shelf and one in the boot. I'v seen VW washers with their sponge do the sills, then stand back and see bits they have missed on the roof or bonnet scrape straight over them. ahahaha .No thanks I'll wash it myself. 

I used to feel the pain and still truly empathize despite what I'm about to say.  I got over it.  Don't need the stress.  My Stateside dealer service department staff always ask if it's okay to wash the car, and I always say yes.  They hand-wash it.  Not necessarily the most thorough job, but the car looks better with the daily accumulation of road grime removed.  Maybe it's declining eyesight or creeping senility, but life is more enjoyable when you don't sweat the little things. 

I used to work there, if John Steele is still the dealer principle then deal with him. Really nice guy, generally fairly sympathetic when it comes to stuff like that. 

VW Leeds used to bend over backwards for customers so I cant imagine that this has changed. 

@Boj27  Having had an issue with another Sytner VW dealer in the past month and being offered not so much as an air freshener for what was an almighty 'mess'-up, should your car have been damaged by their actions my advice would be to do the following :

E-mail the service manager and dealership principle with an exact account of your instructions and what happened while the car was in their care. Explain that you wish for any rectification to be carried out by your detailer at their expense. 

Forward a copy to Sytner customer service in Leicester https://www.sytner.co.uk/customer-service/customer-experience/. I had a call within two hours of sending an e-mail to them having had no response from the dealership in 48 hours. 

STICK TO YOUR GUNS. 

A handful of people on here have experienced the same fate, despite instructions to dealer not to wash, and have managed to agree to the dealership paying for a pro correction. In some cases members had ceramic coats which needed reapplying after correction and got that paid for too.  I’d say stick to your guns and press for a reasonable correction/protection package carried out by a pro detailer of your choosing.  Good luck. 

For the future, you really do have to SPELL IT OUT about no washing.  Not just them noting it on the jobsheet, but use Do Not Wash hangers placed in the car, and a big piece of cardboard with it spelt out in a prominent position, say,driver’s seat, should get the message across.  I use all those things and have not had a dealer wash one of mine yet thankfully.  

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution.  

I now tie an A4 notice to the steering wheel. How hard can it be for them not to wash a car? There's really no excuse so I would pursue correction at their expense. I bet they'd be quick enough to recoup costs of you if you marked one of their showroom models. 

2 minutes ago, Jon-Paul said:

ADMIN...... Might it be an idea to produce a number of similar notices to this below with the VWROC club logo, I don't imagine they would cost much to produce on some decent quality card and would help towards the club funds. Just a thought. 

5931227254_92bbaf345f_b.jpg

Thanks. 👍  It’s has been suggested before. We’ll give it some thought.