Jump to content
Taz23-R

Mk7 Golf R Order thread - part 2

Recommended Posts

Just now, Scott Bremner said:

 

No problem - wish we all had something a little more concrete to help folk. 

We have all been kicking about this thread for over half a year waiting so we definitely don’t expect anything anymore 😂

fingers crossed for good news. 

 

Pop down your your local dealership and see if you can hammer out a deal on a nearly new 310? 

yeah I bet its frustrating, especially considering its been nearly a year. I feel impatient for march and I haven't even ordered one! 

 

I did pop in, but im only looking to lease for 2 years so they weren't much help sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are taking orders.  I ordered just after Christmas and my dealer managed to place the order this week....with an order number that registers on the order tracker as stage 2 ‘with the factory’.  If the line was closed I can’t see it getting that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled my order.  Dealer said VW wouldn't let him register it on system till Feb 7th..... then delivery earliest 10 weeks after that.  After driving the Golf again today I decided against it and cancelled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leasing Options are advertising “pipeline stock” which I assume means they have a block order in and just awaiting delivery.

Might be worth a call


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's being reported on a FB forum that the Golf 7.5R is now discontinued from the VW line-up and no cars can be ordered.

 

This clearly may have an impact on whether existing orders are fulfilled/cars built depending on current status of order.

 

I have asked for a 100% guarantee from my broker that my car has entered build as of 7th January as this as the last date I was given but no proof of this as yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see that being the case.  They wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of getting a MY2019 car developed and WLTP tested (which by all accounts it has passed)  if it was going to be dropped.  I keep hearing the date 7th Feb from various sources, both on this forum and directly from VW via their online chat and customers service peeps.  I’m not sure what that date is.....when production restarts, when it re-appears on the VW configurator...who knows.  My dealer placed an order this week which shows up on the tracking website so if it has been cancelled then VW is more screwed up than I thought...and I thought they were pretty screwed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Timbo69 said:

I can’t see that being the case.  They wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of getting a MY2019 car developed and WLTP tested (which by all accounts it has passed)  if it was going to be dropped.  I keep hearing the date 7th Feb from various sources, both on this forum and directly from VW via their online chat and customers service peeps.  I’m not sure what that date is.....when production restarts, when it re-appears on the VW configurator...who knows.  My dealer placed an order this week which shows up on the tracking website so if it has been cancelled then VW is more screwed up than I thought...and I thought they were pretty screwed up.

A guy who works for VW is now claiming that they are still available to order but no cars will be built for weeks or months??

 

Quote:

 

"Placing an order and the car going to build are 2 different things entirely. The Golf R can be ordered to any specification you desire. TBH the standard R now comes with additional spec such as Lane Assist, Rear View Camera and keyless start (not keyless entry). Due to the testing regulations the car will not go to build for a number weeks maybe months. This isn't the retailers fault it's the brands fault. I know all of this as a Fact"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A guy who works for VW is now claiming that they are still available to order but no cars will be built for weeks or months??
 
Quote:
 
"Placing an order and the car going to build are 2 different things entirely. The Golf R can be ordered to any specification you desire. TBH the standard R now comes with additional spec such as Lane Assist, Rear View Camera and keyless start (not keyless entry). Due to the testing regulations the car will not go to build for a number weeks maybe months. This isn't the retailers fault it's the brands fault. I know all of this as a Fact"


That makes sense to me. Surely they are going to shift all the cars they’ve built and the big backlog before cracking on with more cars....

People who have ordered approaching a year ago surely must get their cars sorted first and get delivery first too!

Vw need to fulfill their current orders first...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, keano said:

 


That makes sense to me. Surely they are going to shift all the cars they’ve built and the big backlog before cracking on with more cars....

People who have ordered approaching a year ago surely must get their cars sorted first and get delivery first too!

Vw need to fulfill their current orders first...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

It depends if he is referring to new orders for cars yet to be placed or for cars with orders in place and BW allocated. I am not willing to wait more weeks/months if car isn't even in build after all this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question I suppose is would VW manufacture a shed load of cars to a spec that hadn’t yet been approved by the WLTP certification. If the answer is no then all those who ordered early last year and were told of build weeks back in late last year probably haven’t been made yet.  I suspect the 7th Feb date is when the production line will start to contain Rs alongside standard Golfs again, but outside of VW no one knows that....and VW seem to be not spilling the beans which is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Timbo69 said:

Question I suppose is would VW manufacture a shed load of cars to a spec that hadn’t yet been approved by the WLTP certification. If the answer is no then all those who ordered early last year and were told of build weeks back in late last year probably haven’t been made yet.  I suspect the 7th Feb date is when the production line will start to contain Rs alongside standard Golfs again, but outside of VW no one knows that....and VW seem to be not spilling the beans which is annoying.

I think that's possible, then again there are a few members on said forum whose factory-order post-WLTP spec cars have apparently been physically built but can't be delivered. Basically, we don't have the full story and probably never will. Unless it's in black and white from a trusted source and confirmable, then any info is heresay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the situation is that VW have simply run out of storage space.

 

They have been building cars and 'banking them' since November, for ones that were still awaiting WLTP certification - which isn't/wasn't just the R. This was confirmed by build schedule information last month in this thread.

 

The banked cars will start shipping early Feb which ties in with the date that orders are going to be accepted again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just ordered a BMW M140i Shadow Edition in mineral grey with Dakota leather/blue stitching, black high gloss trim, professional nav, adaptive susp, folding mirrors, heated seats, adaptive LED headlights, front PDC and Apple CarPlay - £31k (BMW preferential rate) April delivery  😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Silvadadi said:

Have just ordered a BMW M140i Shadow Edition in mineral grey with Dakota leather/blue stitching, black high gloss trim, professional nav, adaptive susp, folding mirrors, heated seats, adaptive LED headlights, front PDC and Apple CarPlay - £31k (BMW preferential rate) April delivery  😃

Congrats on your new order! 👍

 

i considered a M140i but after two Leary RWD cars, I womt be getting another one! I heard they are a handful in the wet/damp.

 

ive decided that 4wd for me is the way to go. 🙂

 

there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to 4wd vs 2wd, it’s all down to personal preference. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×