Taz23-R

Mk7 Golf R Order thread - part 2

After cancelling my order for the 2019 Golf that was going to arrive in May/June time I can now confirm that I have fully lucked out.

Managed to find a 2018 specification that exactly matches the order I was going to place in the factory. It is also a 3 door which was my preferred option but was unable to order!!

Deposit has been taken and will be picking up the car on Saturday, cannot wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, xSCYTHERx said:

After cancelling my order for the 2019 Golf that was going to arrive in May/June time I can now confirm that I have fully lucked out.

Managed to find a 2018 specification that exactly matches the order I was going to place in the factory. It is also a 3 door which was my preferred option but was unable to order!!

Deposit has been taken and will be picking up the car on Saturday, cannot wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one! - yep i found the car i wanted and then some after cancelling...very happy with it!

What i am pleasantly surprised with on mine is the ride on 19" Pretoria's - far better than i expected. Was intending to possibly sell to switch to 18's but now think i'm gonna keep the prets as they look so good. 

5 hours ago, Ali19 said:

Did you take the hit on losing your deposit?

They have refused to refund it at the moment - but that won't last long once the legal letter goes in. They don't have a leg to stand on. They will fold very quickly and refund the deposit, i can guarantee it.

5 hours ago, Ali19 said:

Did you take the hit on losing your deposit?

For me the order hadn't officially been placed as VW couldn't order the Golf R at the time. They had my card details and all the order details ready to place the order but I cancelled before that happened so for me I was in a good position! 

12 hours ago, blower said:

Nice one! - yep i found the car i wanted and then some after cancelling...very happy with it!

What i am pleasantly surprised with on mine is the ride on 19" Pretoria's - far better than i expected. Was intending to possibly sell to switch to 18's but now think i'm gonna keep the prets as they look so good. 

Yeah I honestly cannot wait now, I actually went down to my local VW dealer last Friday to test a Golf with and without the Dynaudio, I came away thinking okay its good but its not a deal breaker if I cant find a car with it. So I was going to expand my search to cars without Dynaudio, then 10minutes into my search I found a nearly new R that had just come up for sale, phoned the dealer and car was reserved within 10mins. 

Managed to get the exact spec I wanted: 

- 3 Door DSG in Red 

- 19" Black Pretorias 

- Dynaudio 

- 90% window tints 

- Black mirror covers 

- Cloth / Alcantara interor instead of the leather 

Obviously saving a fair bit of cash compared to the new order and the vehicle only has 4K miles on the clock - on top of that this VW dealer is giving me nearly £1K more on my trade in and I managed to get GAP insurance and a fuel tank of petrol thrown in on top. Happy days!! 

I think they know for a straight cancellation they are in a quite strong position.

But surely there must come a point where delay,or the changes to a vehicle ordered count for a reason that is valid.

4 minutes ago, xSCYTHERx said:

Yeah I honestly cannot wait now, I actually went down to my local VW dealer last Friday to test a Golf with and without the Dynaudio, I came away thinking okay its good but its not a deal breaker if I cant find a car with it. So I was going to expand my search to cars without Dynaudio, then 10minutes into my search I found a nearly new R that had just come up for sale, phoned the dealer and car was reserved within 10mins. 

- 3 Door DSG in Red 

- 19" Black Pretorias 

- Dynaudio 

- 90% window tints 

- Black mirror covers 

Obviously saving a fair bit of cash compared to the new order and the vehicle only has 4K miles on the clock - on top of that this VW dealer is giving me nearly £1K more on my trade in and I managed to get GAP insurance and a fuel tank of petrol thrown in on top. Happy days!! 

Glad you've got an R sorted and you've found the spec you wanted 😊

If you dont mind me asking - I take it the car is on an 18 plate or 68? And how much did you pay?

Reason I ask is I cannot find anything with my spec thats cheaper than the price of my new order

Just now, clarky2015 said:

Glad you've got an R sorted and you've found the spec you wanted 😊

If you dont mind me asking - I take it the car is on an 18 plate or 68? And how much did you pay?

Reason I ask is I cannot find anything with my spec thats cheaper than the price of my new order

Its on an 18 plate, registered in July 2018. 

The deal is actually quite complicated because of the trade in value they are giving me for my TT and the throwing in of the GAP insurance etc. This is not to mention that I am now paying cash for the car rather than the new order which would have been on PCP... 

In terms of face value for the R it was £30,400 - once you add in the extra £1K I am getting for my TT that brings the "real" price for the car down to £29,400. I think my new factory order with interest taken into account was going to be around £34K-£35K at the end of the three years so I am saving around £5K-6K and obviously getting the car now instead of in May/June. 

Let me know if you have any further questions - happy to help :) 

27 minutes ago, xSCYTHERx said:

- 3 Door DSG in Red 

- 19" Black Pretorias 

- Dynaudio 

- 90% window tints 

- Black mirror covers 

Nice!

With the Dynaudio, initially i wasn't impressed and thought it was no where near as good as the Dynaudio in my mk6. However having messed with the EQ settings, i found the default setting of the mid's was way too high. When you get yours i recommend dropping the mid down to -4, trebble up a bit (3), bass up a bit (2-3) and subwoofer where you like it. Was fiddling for ages and couldn't get it right until i dropped the mid's as they were just overpowering and made the sound fairly harsh with a disconnected feel (as they just overpowered everything else)

Now it sounds great, some tracks still don't sound quite as good as my mk6 dynaudio as it can lack some depth of bass (its more punchy) but others sound way better as it produces a more vibrant sound stage. Its just a different system, but overall am now happy with it. Regardless it is well worth having and way above what the fairly muted stock sound system is.

4 minutes ago, blower said:

Nice!

With the Dynaudio, initially i wasn't impressed and thought it was no where near as good as the Dynaudio in my mk6. However having messed with the EQ settings, i found the default setting of the mid's was way too high. When you get yours i recommend dropping the mid down to -4, trebble up a bit (3), bass up a bit (2-3) and subwoofer where you like it. Was fiddling for ages and couldn't get it right until i dropped the mid's as they were just overpowering and made the sound fairly harsh with a disconnected feel (as they just overpowered everything else)

Now it sounds great, some tracks still don't sound quite as good as my mk6 dynaudio as it can lack some depth of bass (its more punchy) but others sound way better as it produces a more vibrant sound stage. Its just a different system, but overall am now happy with it. Regardless it is well worth having and way above what the fairly muted stock sound system is.

Funny you should say that, the salesman in VW pretty much changed the settings to near enough exactly what you just said when we tested both systems. I am coming from a TT with the upgraded Bose system which personally I believe is one of the best sounding factory fitted systems to a car of that price range - I haven't heard anything better in any of my friends cars so for me it was about minimalism the difference between the TT and the R. 

To be honest though for the first 10,000 miles I will probably just have the window down listening to all the DSG farts and burbles haha!