Jump to content
Taz23-R

Mk7 Golf R Order thread - part 2

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TheBear said:

Correct, one of the main issues is with dealerships having been so beleaguered by annoyed customers over the ongoing delay, I believe they are telling customers what they want to hear to get them off their backs at this stage, and not necessarily being 100% honest with them.

 

I agree - my current R was sourced through the same Dealer (I believe) as you’re using and its 3 year PCP is about to expire but as they cannot guarantee delivery of a Mk7.5 trade-in, it’s made more sense for me to just buy my car and stick with it for now. So in short, all Dealers are missing out on prospective sales and this will be hurting them (big time) by now!! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone confirm that they have definitely have the 3.6% APR on a pcp? Has your dealer 100% confirmed this? 

 

Not sure if this deal will run out soon and will it go up? Bit concerned given talk of late March deliveries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's 0 benefit to misleading customers and saying that Rs have already been handed over if they haven't. It'll get to the 1st March, and no excuse, no matter how elaborate, will fly.

 

I can't see it taking too long to get the data into the right systems though, so fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hugh said:

There's 0 benefit to misleading customers and saying that Rs have already been handed over if they haven't. It'll get to the 1st March, and no excuse, no matter how elaborate, will fly.

 

I can't see it taking too long to get the data into the right systems though, so fingers crossed.

Ask your dealer to prove they have registered and handed over post-WLTP R's to customers already (which they can't have), if they have nothing to hide and cars have been handed over they won't have an issue with this. Also ask them for actual proof that cars can be registered today (as they have told you) and collected. Let us all know what they come back with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trying to not paint a broad brush across everyone as I know there are a few who work in the trade here. But I’ve never ever in my life come across such an incompetent bunch. Every hand that seems to touch the car/process seem to intrinsically lie and deceive. I almost wonder if it’s part of the entry requirements....

 

If I conducted my business anything like this I would be bankrupt and homeless. 

Absoute shambles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Steve whale said:

It is a shambles.  My agent has just said it may be April now and “it ain’t easy”. Well it should be. We are buying a car which last time I looked was quite simple. Ridiculous.

Lease, PCP, outright purchase? If lease which broker, supplier and finance provider ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A further date to add to the mix is 7th March, which is the date my dealer has given me as estimated earliest date for registration. My car is currently stage 5 having been scheduled for build week 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Can anyone confirm that they have definitely have the 3.6% APR on a pcp? Has your dealer 100% confirmed this? 

 

Not sure if this deal will run out soon and will it go up? Bit concerned given talk of late March deliveries. 

My dealer has confirmed this & ive signed the paperwork on it now too.

its now got a 19 plate reg assigned to it, this was done on Monday, my private reg will be assigned to it this week & im booked in for collection Friday 1st March 

here’s the car 

3125362A-EE8C-47A8-9345-E3A6976B7AEE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kevmoz said:

Jeff R that’s really good news, what options did you add?

3 door, DSG, 19 spielbergs, Oryx white, Vienna leather, 90% tints, dynaudio & rear camera 

 

my mate is picking up his 5 door R same day, similar spec, but no camera & his car is white silver 

that car is also registered & has a 19 plate reg assigned

5AB6235E-1E06-4A49-A8B1-2EDE3C352772.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

3 door, DSG, 19 spielbergs, Oryx white, Vienna leather, 90% tints, dynaudio & rear camera 

 

my mate is picking up his 5 door R same day, similar spec, but no camera & his car is white silver 

that car is also registered & has a 19 plate reg assigned

5AB6235E-1E06-4A49-A8B1-2EDE3C352772.jpeg

 

Thats great! When did you order your car? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×