Taz23-R

Mk7 Golf R Order thread - part 2

9 minutes ago, Scott Bremner said:

It’s the on/off for the lane assist. Looks like a wee force field on the steering wheel button 

Its got to be more than that though, as I don’t have lane assist!

2 minutes ago, Hugh said:

Its got to be more than that though, as I don’t have lane assist!

If it's the same as the 'mode' button that used to be there, which i believe it is, it changes the cruise control from normal ACC to speed limiter mode.

Speed limiter mode is just as it sounds - it limits the speed to what you set to, no matter how much your foot is planted on the floor, but does let you drive at any speed below the limit set.

59 minutes ago, blower said:

Ahh 24/01/19 - the special date that indicates it was banked. Every car that was a banked seems to have that build date - where as the real build date is different. Unsure why you got a banked car if you ordered after week 51 - unless this happens to have been an earlier cancelled order of the exact same spec you chose.

It will be interesting to see if my car has the extra bits on it. I always had a build week of 24/01/19 scheduled in the tracker. I wonder if it actually was built on the 24th or it’s been a banked car all along and was built last year. I ordered on 13th of Sep. 

The tracker did move to build in progress on the week of 24th Jan. 

2 hours ago, blower said:

If it's the same as the 'mode' button that used to be there, which i believe it is, it changes the cruise control from normal ACC to speed limiter mode.

Speed limiter mode is just as it sounds - it limits the speed to what you set to, no matter how much your foot is planted on the floor, but does let you drive at any speed below the limit set.

Thanks for that

Right what’s happening on Friday 22nd???

As i was on the phone to the dealer today he was saying the whole thing is a shambles but hopefully have a bit more clarity come Friday.

I was in the middle of school pick up so wasn’t giving my upmost attention...

He did mention that at  his garage they think if you order now that they will probably take the order but then cancel it later in the year as they expect to hear about the Mk8 soon....

Right what’s happening on Friday 22nd???

As i was on the phone to the dealer today he was saying the whole thing is a shambles but hopefully have a bit more clarity come Friday.

I was in the middle of school pick up so wasn’t giving my upmost attention...

He did mention that at  his garage they think if you order now that they will probably take the order but then cancel it later in the year as they expect to hear about the Mk8 soon....

Basically the details that are needed to register the R will be released.

13 hours ago, Scott Bremner said:

It’s the on/off for the lane assist. Looks like a wee force field on the steering wheel button 

Sorry I haven’t followed this thread for a while. Mine was ordered last May and I added rear camera but with the changes it won’t have that, right?

Sorry I haven’t followed this thread for a while. Mine was ordered last May and I added rear camera but with the changes it won’t have that, right?

If you ordered a camera it will be there. My camera and keyless which I ordered are on my vin details but not lane assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk