Taz23-R

Mk7 Golf R Order thread - part 2

Just now, Scott Bremner said:

How’s it coming from the GTD. I’m making the same move

It’s just brilliant, total change. There’s nice touches in it and it feels more solid and better built.

Night and day, black and white I’d say. Feels so more planted and dare I say better built than my GTD

Can definitely understand the difference between the GTD and the R! I drove the GTD before buying the GTI and was seriously underwhelmed (prior car to the GTI was a modified PD130 Ibiza running c190bhp with 315ftlb of torque).

23 minutes ago, Scott Bremner said:

That’s some garage vagnum!

dissapointing about the paint issues. The VW paint is so soft nowadays 

I did think about taking mine to the German autobahn.......but have decided against it as i'm afraid at the top speed the paint might fly off.

Some time later this year i'll get the front end resprayed - or should i say sprayed, as respray implies there was already a coat on it before.

As promised a couple of pictures of the car after a bit more of a clean after pic up

Only put about 20 miles on it so far and itching to put my foot down but being very sensible

I also added carbon fibre mirror caps and a maxton spoiler this afternoon after the clean.

PSX_20190301_194941.jpg

PSX_20190301_194724.jpg

20190301_145301.jpg

20190301_145425.jpg

1 hour ago, TheBear said:

Most lease companies charge for delivery, no matter the distance, mentioned this before 😐

When I got my 7R from select car leasing they delivered it on a transporter for free but my new R from gateway2lease will cost £350 no thanks 👍

16 minutes ago, Mark 46 said:

When I got my 7R from select car leasing they delivered it on a transporter for free but my new R from gateway2lease will cost £350 no thanks 👍

I posted on this a few days ago, my 7R from National Fleet (Vehiclesavers) was delivered for free on transporter, been told my 7.5R (also National Fleet/Vehiclesavers) is being driven to me or I can have it delivered on transporter for £300+VAT🤔🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, mholmes said:

As promised a couple of pictures of the car after a bit more of a clean after pic up

Only put about 20 miles on it so far and itching to put my foot down but being very sensible

I also added carbon fibre mirror caps and a maxton spoiler this afternoon after the clean.

PSX_20190301_194724.jpg

Gorgeous! - i do love lapiz blue!, i keep looking out the window every morning and looking at mine lol

My neighbour has just got a brand new Skoda Octavia VRS today - in meteor grey or as i call it 'Primer with clear coat', i really do not see what people see in that colour.

38 minutes ago, tildascot said:

Which company?

Direct LeasePlan was the leasing company, but I think there was a limit to how far the dealer could drive it & 170 miles was past that limit, so it was transported.

That’s some garage vagnum!

dissapointing about the paint issues. The VW paint is so soft nowadays 

Not much of it either lol. Yeah 14 bay workshop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9d645fd8423744dc38a602887a2327ee.jpg8e5714bb1c5659b340b44e859b87f0e9.jpg

Some Pics of when I was cleaning it the other week. I also fitted a cheeky r— panel filter and silicone intake pipe haven’t fitted a elbow yet.

Anyone going gti spring fest in April?

PSX_20190301_194941.thumb.jpg.0279e745af5fe7c8d6200c0b9258040c.jpg
PSX_20190301_194724.thumb.jpg.3d9c007a09e08fc9ec4732844fed1ea0.jpg
20190301_145301.thumb.jpg.bf62300a12096bced3730d86fa2b1d1c.jpg
20190301_145425.thumb.jpg.3d7863e25a91e7240a5f8afe9e821ac8.jpg

Very nice I want to get carbon covers next