Taz23-R

Mk7 Golf R Order thread - part 2

Very nice I want to get carbon covers next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I have a panel filter to go in too but though might as well wait until I can give it the beans before fitting now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, the first 19 plate car I saw this morning was a Golf R, in Atlantic blue as well like ours.  Northbound on the Fosseway if it was anyone on here?

Picked up my Oryx white Golf R up this morning. Managed to get about 30 miles in today.

Wow, loving it. I just love hot hatches! i've been fortunate enough to own an M4, Cayman GTS, Cayman GT4, M135i but there is something about a hot hatch. The handling is immense and it's just such a comfortable car to live with for the performance. Way better than the M135i which is the closest i can compare it too.

I've been gentle so far keeping it under 4k RPM but even then it rapidly creeps up to 70+ mph. It's not the 6 cyclinder engine i had in the m135i though and i think i might end up doing something to improve the sound. It's muted but let's see if it changes in the next 1k miles.

I've also got an annoying rattle in the steering rack so it's going straight back on Monday to get looked at.  

22 hours ago, MMCW said:

Please take lots of photos to tide me over until I get mine! 

Sorry none yesterday, too busy driving it, Done over 100 miles on a mixture of roads. Being careful to run in but it's still absolutely brilliant!

😁😁

car1.jpg

Just over seven months for me from order to collection. It also turned up with the reversing camera, lane assist and keyless (none of which I specced) and no change to original deal (trade in and VW finance).

Quick question. I have a provisional build week of 3 weeks Monday. My tracker still says with the factory. Is this typical? I’m getting the impression the tracker can be pretty inaccurate at times. 

Many thanks. 

Ian 

Second job done, wheels spacers, 12mm front and 15mm rear. Never done this before but looks like they do in the brochure! 

Ill take ale some of the first job later as it was dark when I did it last night. 😀

A5CCFA29-EB75-45DF-9BF9-93BF41FDD31E.jpeg

FD869D25-5C7C-4035-965F-02460F4818DF.jpeg

B263DF38-D067-43C2-BC8C-1590F70672DB.jpeg

4F54D701-D355-42E6-B388-7A5F508EEB15.jpeg

5 hours ago, Kevmoz said:

Second job done, wheels spacers, 12mm front and 15mm rear. Never done this before but looks like they do in the brochure! 

Ill take ale some of the first job later as it was dark when I did it last night. 😀

A5CCFA29-EB75-45DF-9BF9-93BF41FDD31E.jpeg

FD869D25-5C7C-4035-965F-02460F4818DF.jpeg

B263DF38-D067-43C2-BC8C-1590F70672DB.jpeg

4F54D701-D355-42E6-B388-7A5F508EEB15.jpeg

Looks great! Where did you get the spacers from? 

8 minutes ago, savets said:

Looks great! Where did you get the spacers from? 

I got them off eBay. I’ve just noticed that I’ve put two of the un-spaced passenger rear and not the front in-spaced! First one spaced and the second in-spaced just to show the difference. The company was in Tamworth and the spacers are Bimtec (I think) and we’re £130 delivered. The fronts are pushe right out and the rears sit just inside the arches but looks better in the flesh than on the photos.

E6B15208-D1AA-4EE3-981C-989D09E5E088.jpeg

70CE9935-9106-4291-9766-ED6A7CB39E62.jpeg

21 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Always best to let a fart brew in my experience emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You dirty bastard! Hahaha

22 hours ago, mholmes said:

Thanks. I have a panel filter to go in too but though might as well wait until I can give it the beans before fitting now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found a brand new pipercross panel filter in the garage today,I must of bought it for my previous R but I really can’t remember,proper senior moment but a welcomed surprise!😂

I know this question is on here already I expect but on a average drive without pushing too much roughly how many mpg will my R do?Dident realise it needed super fuel now the Mrs is moaning it’s gunna cost to run she uses it daily for work 😂😂