DenW

Dsg question

Hi All

I launched my car today the first time since being mapped ..it revved to around 4k bit of a wheel spin then away..but I smelt a bit of a burning smell so worrying now..anyone experienced anything similar? 26k on the clock dsg 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Was it a burning clutch (similar to brake) smell, or more like a burning rubber smell (they are quite different) ?

It smelt a bit clutch like hence the concern...would a tcu mapp sort slipping? Last thing I'd need before chrimbo a f+#%÷d gearbox 😕 the smell disappeared as soon as I drove normally and it wasn't really strong

15 minutes ago, DenW said:

It smelt a bit clutch like hence the concern...would a tcu mapp sort slipping? Last thing I'd need before chrimbo a f+#%÷d gearbox 😕 the smell disappeared as soon as I drove normally and it wasn't really strong

As you're DSG a TCU tune increasing clamping pressure isn't such a bad idea but shouldn't be necessary below Stage 1 tuning at least - if in warranty keep experimenting first so the garage have something to go on: they're pretty fault-blind as a rule.

15 minutes ago, Leo9 said:

As you're DSG a TCU tune increasing clamping pressure isn't such a bad idea but shouldn't be necessary below Stage 1 tuning at least - if in warranty keep experimenting first so the garage have something to go on: they're pretty fault-blind as a rule.

It's stage 1 and dsg..thanks for The replies all 👍

1 minute ago, DenW said:

It's stage 1 and dsg..thanks for The replies all 👍

OK, then a TCU tune isn't unreasonable (unless the Stage 1 was low-torque. Medium and especially high-torque tunes do warrant the expense). Good luck!

4 hours ago, DenW said:

Not sure you can smell a clutch (pack) thats bathed in oil within a sealed gearbox. Likely tyres just just some oil in the intake pipe getting burnt 

Cheers Leo..Think I'll get it done after Xmas..car goes in for a major service in January will be getting the gearbox and haldex oil changed at the same time..who does a better tcu? Revo or Apr? I'm in essex

2 hours ago, GrayMK7R said:

Not sure you can smell a clutch (pack) thats bathed in oil within a sealed gearbox. Likely tyres just just some oil in the intake pipe getting burnt 

Well that's why if your not sure always worth asking the question on a forum 👍