Microbe

October 2018 Nav Update

Hi All

The latest October 2018 nav map updates are now available here :- http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html

Just select Downloads, click on the infotainment screen and then your golf model and nav type then select the area of the world you want and it will download the .7zip file for you to extract onto your SD card for installation.

Just need to check its the 1/10/2018 version which is the October 2018 release as 1 of the options is still showing the April maps.

Good Luck!

Hi All

The latest October 2018 nav map updates are now available here :- http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html

Just select Downloads, click on the infotainment screen and then your golf model and nav type then select the area of the world you want and it will download the .7zip file for you to extract onto your SD card for installation.

Just need to check its the 1/10/2018 version which is the October 2018 release as 1 of the options is still showing the April maps.

Good Luck!
Cheers Tony dont use the VW mav but always good to have it up to date just in case

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SpursMadDave said:

Cheers Tony dont use the VW mav but always good to have it up to date just in case emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Me neither, waze is the waze forward!

But as you say good to have an up to date backup

I did this few weeks back on my Discover Pro and while I don’t use built in Maps it fixed a flickering screen on my record box screen and seems to be a bit smoother aswell so definitely recommend updating.

Took bloody ages though to download through the Mac application 😴

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Just started download, it says 2hours😳

is that normal.

Depends on the speed of your Internet connection: my slow (rural) fibre-but-only-as-far-as-the-exchange line took 3 hours but non-fibre could easily take 9 or more.

7 hours ago, ellixtt said:

I did this few weeks back on my Discover Pro and while I don’t use built in Maps it fixed a flickering screen on my record box screen and seems to be a bit smoother aswell so definitely recommend updating.

Took bloody ages though to download through the Mac application 😴

That’s interesting.

I thought that the update was for maps only, not a full firmware update (I’ve not bothered with the update thinking it was just the maps ..).

I shall give it a go!