Sign in to follow this  
Mattywright

What will your next car be?

2 hours ago, Fruitloop said:

As mentioned in another post - A35 4Matic polar white.

Have had 2 R's - certainly haven't fallen out of love. Just no good lease deals and it was the A35 interior as much as anything that swayed it.

A35.jpg

I think I'll be going down this route also, the interior with those screens has swayed it for me. Although in grey or silver and without the aero kit for a more stealthy look and feel.

4 hours ago, Fruitloop said:

As mentioned in another post - A35 4Matic polar white.

Have had 2 R's - certainly haven't fallen out of love. Just no good lease deals and it was the A35 interior as much as anything that swayed it.

A35.jpg

Same as me, can’t wait till March! Like you it was the interior that swayed it for me 👍 

In all likelihood a Mk8 R.  I’m at least holding on to see what VW bring forth before moving to another car.  The way things are going, it will no doubt quite a different proposition to the 7R, which is simply the best car I’ve ever had, but if it delivers anything like its predecessor then it will get the most serious consideration.  

I'm tempted to purchase a supercar (well to me anyway) before we are all transported around in driverless, electric pods, so potentially something from Audi R8 V8, Porsche 911, Nissan GT-R or Aston Martin Vantage. 

6 hours ago, JonSW said:

Well, I only bought mine in September but I often think what would I buy if it was stolen/written off. I really can't think of anything else that is a good sized estate car with decent equipment levels, a spare wheel, not too big, sub 30K (well, it was by a few quid) and good to drive. A GTi estate would have been in contention but it's not made and a GTD estate is almost exactly what I already had a BMW version of. I really don't know ...

I'd quite like a GTI estate like you or a GTE possibly but currently not available, perhaps a Audi S4 avant or a 2.0 TFSI avant .Still quite happy with the R tbh and it's  going to be a very difficult car to replace .

Possibly the new r cannot get excited by merc or bm but do love an audi so as demo of a6 and a8 are so good I am tempted by comfort and toys but would go to buy one and come out with rs5 at 53 I am still a big kid and in green or blue looks good goes like the clappers only car to leave me dead at the traffic light drag race

19 hours ago, Mattywright said:

Noticed a lot of topics recently getting everyone involved in either how old they are, what they like about the cars or dislike etc..

Be interesting to see what you guys would consider for your next car? Will you be after another Golf R or even wait out for the MK8?

Think I'll need something more sensible next for my mileage.. dare I say it a 120d 😞

if I can't get a high spec Audi RS3 in 3 years time..I will keep my R and leave it as Stage 2....(400 BHP in a street car daily driver is plenty for me)...:)

On 20/12/2018 at 11:08, Baldchap said:

Truthfully, mine will most likely be an 8R if they do one and don't ruin anything.  Alternatively, might see if I can convince the missus that a 911 is as practical as a Golf Estate... 🤣

Good luck with that ! This would be though !!

image.png.abb601bd387b7f55b2ca4d32a9bc238d.png

yep i expect my next car will also be full electric. My R is due in March. Will keep for 5 years i expect then it will be some electric thing - assuming millions of people haven't gone electric by then and overloaded the grid and their local sub stations when they all try to charge at the same time.

32 minutes ago, blower said:

yep i expect my next car will also be full electric. My R is due in March. Will keep for 5 years i expect then it will be some electric thing - assuming millions of people haven't gone electric by then and overloaded the grid and their local sub stations when they all try to charge at the same time.

Mine won't, I passed my test in the days when cars pumped 8% CO plus out of the tail pipes, the only thing I will be driving that's electric is this, when my spirited driving days are a distant memory and i need to pop out for some adult nappies. 

9431_1.jpg

As mentioned previously (same thread title) chances are I will be going back to a BMW Tourer.

the new M340i Tourer, 370bhp stock with likely 444bhp with a map.

it will definitely eat Golf R Estates.

there is also a possibility the next M3 will also come in Tourer form, if so that is likely to be a great car and likely last 'big engine' tourer due to EU emissions etc.