SussexShark

RacingLine / VWR OEM+ Stage 1 and DSG remap plus bits

New user + first post...so go easy on me!

I’ve had my MK 7.5 DSG for r months now and just done a deal with my local RacingLine dealer to fit the follow:-

OEM+ Stage 1 and DSG remaps

R600

Intercooler

OilCooler Kit

Turbo 90 inlet + hose

Muffler delete

DSG paddles

Would welcome any comments, positive or neg.  My thoughts are to get the base cooling right so that I can go Stage 2 or 3 at a later date..

No suspension mods, or Exhaust at this point.  I’m trying to keep it as stock-looking as possible, but the Milltek Cat back does look/sound appealing..

Welcome and nice upgrade!

Only comment I have is that it is not that usual with upgraded oil cooler on these cars.

Are you into heavy track driving?

I would personally save that money and put into a downpipe instead, and you can get stage 2 software as bonus.

I'd recommend the sports-catted downpipe from BCS Powervalve or maybe Scorpion, definitely a real power increase from that. As suggested, the oil cooler not necessary, at stage 2 at least.

Whatever you get, good luck with it.

28 minutes ago, S3 Turbo said:

Welcome and nice upgrade!

Only comment I have is that it is not that usual with upgraded oil cooler on these cars.

Are you into heavy track driving?

I would personally save that money and put into a downpipe instead, and you can get stage 2 software as bonus.

Yeah, the Oil Cooler was the bit that I thought about the longest, I’ve always had a bit of thing about getting the cooling sorted before I do too much more.

No doubt it’ll be back in again soon after for the downpipe and the Milltek!

cheers 

21 minutes ago, Leo9 said:

I'd recommend the sports-catted downpipe from BCS Powervalve or maybe Scorpion, definitely a real power increase from that. As suggested, the oil cooler not necessary, at stage 2 at least.

Whatever you get, good luck with it.

Thanks mate...I’ll check out the BCS again .. 👌

I agree that the cooler is a good option and is often overlooked by many.

I've noticed a substantial loss of power when trying to push on in normal road conditions on a hot day and an intercooler can only help address this type of issue.

These engines run hot and keep them running at a optimal temperatures will provide more constant power for longer

...a quick update..  

Been a slight delay, the RacingLine Intercoolers are “out of stock”, apparently Racingline are developing a new version, which will take a few months to complete before more stock is available. So I decided to switch to a Forge Motorsport IC which arrived today (Friday), the plan is now to fit everything and apply the OEM+ maps on Weds 23rd Jan...

Wlll keep yo posted... 

On 21/12/2018 at 22:59, TheBlondeFella said:

I agree that the cooler is a good option and is often overlooked by many.

I've noticed a substantial loss of power when trying to push on in normal road conditions on a hot day and an intercooler can only help address this type of issue.

These engines run hot and keep them running at a optimal temperatures will provide more constant power for longer

Just to make it clear, my comment about being overkill for most users, was about the oil cooler, not the intercooler.

Totally agree on the intercooler part.

All mods and RacingLine OEM+ Stage 1 ECU + TCU maps installed yesterday by MD Autobahn (Surrey, UK).  First impressions are “wow”!  It’s like a totally difference car.  The remap has added a lot of character to the exhaust note and they way Raclingline have programmed in the pops and crackles on the downshifts is fab, brings on a smile every time.  It’s not over the top, just there, present and subtly done.  Power increase is better than I anticipated for just a “so called” Stage 1, I can’t see me needing more power or being able to use it in and around the roads of southern England.  Induction sounds from the R600 and muffler delete is “interesting”, will probably take a bit of getting used to.  Two things I noticed during a 200 mile round trip today, was a) fuel consumption was down by approx 5mpg ( I can live with that!!) and b) 20c lowering of the oil temperature (was approx 104c, now runs at 85c.  

More thoughts/impressions over the next few weeks..  Feel free to ask any questions.

15 minutes ago, SussexShark said:

All mods and RacingLine OEM+ Stage 1 ECU + TCU maps installed yesterday by MD Autobahn (Surrey, UK).  First impressions are “wow”!  It’s like a totally difference car.  The remap has added a lot of character to the exhaust note and they way Raclingline have programmed in the pops and crackles on the downshifts is fab, brings on a smile every time.  It’s not over the top, just there, present and subtly done.  Power increase is better than I anticipated for just a “so called” Stage 1, I can’t see me needing more power or being able to use it in and around the roads of southern England.  Induction sounds from the R600 and muffler delete is “interesting”, will probably take a bit of getting used to.  Two things I noticed during a 200 mile round trip today, was a) fuel consumption was down by approx 5mpg ( I can live with that!!) and b) 20c lowering of the oil temperature (was approx 104c, now runs at 85c.  

More thoughts/impressions over the next few weeks..  Feel free to ask any questions.

Sounds great, the MPG is surprising but it’s most likely because your putting your foot down moreso for the exhaust notes and extra power 😂

Ha, that was definitely the case when I first picked it up - 23mpg! 😂.  But today I was deliberately restrained as I wanted to test it properly.  If anything I was more careful than usual! So the 5mpg less, is probably on the conservative side..