Impalfa

Upgrade SciroccoR brakes

Hi,

2016 Scirocco R DSG.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good quality grooved brake discs (F&R) and brake pads for fast road use? I don't want to replace the calipers or want cross-drilled discs, just really good brakes that stand up to hard driving better than genuine vw brakes.

Thanks and regards. 

Try so Mtech discs.

I've recently fitted ebc bluestuff track/race pads. They are significantly better than OEM pads and give me alot more confidence when braking later.

Ive fitted this tot he stock caliper too. If you feel these may be abit to excessive, you can try EBC yellow stuff pads, Friend of mine used them on track and said they were great.

Front pads were just under £100

Thanks for that link. I'll check them out also. Never heard of J hooked before. But good link for lots of things also. Have you personally used these discs on a SciroccoR front and rear? What pads did you use with them please?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By GrantW
      Discount code "EARLY"

Just bought myself a set of Brembo rear pads from Euro car parts £23.25 inc delivery.
    • By SBN
      been looking at changing my front discs and as much as id love a BBK, i have no intention of going near a track so dont really think i need to splash out £1600-£1800 at least. ive been thinking of getting a set of clubsport discs but browsed the mtec website and found these.
      https://www.mtecbrakes.com/2-piece-brake-discs/seat-leon-345mm-front-discs-mtec7009-349-99/seat-leon-345mm-front-discs-mtec7009.html

these are for a leon or earlier s3/r  and after looking at dimension on replacement discs for those earlier cars (on the nitrac wwebsite) from what i can make out all the dimensions are the same as our standard discs except they are 345mm rather than 340mm. does anyone know if these would fit straight on to an R?

TIA

Sam

• By Ben1191
      Ive got a 7.5 stock R, the brakes overheat after maybe 5 minutes of fast road driving on B roads and not even Heavy braking (public road obviously so never at the limit) The pedal gets soft and loses feeling and requires more pressure for the same braking just in case im describing it wrong lol.

Do i need better discs or just better pads? what is the weakest point in the stock setup as i find it pretty poor that the brakes arent really up to much being sold as a performance car.
    • By DaveAberdeen
      Well aware of the need for spacers with these wheels but concerned that the kits I'm looking at won't even fit within the wheel due to the internal diameter. What kits have people managed to fit in the Cadiz please? Would be great to see pictures too!

Thanks in advance!
    • By 123AlfieG
      Hi Guys,

I know this is a heavily debated topic, but I am thinking of upgrading my brake pads from the stocks...

From what I have seen the two options I am deciding between are the Ferodo DS2500 and the EBC Yellow stuff?

Has anyone tried both these pads and could offer any advice? Any other options people could recommend?

Cheers!

(I am running drilled discs by the way, so aggressive pads should not be a problem)