Jabbafumi46

Lego GT3

My wife bought me this a few years ago. An almost exact replica of my first brand new crane. Fully functioning V6 engine and six wheel steer. 1201055944c753d21e555fb40004c6d5.jpgfd206c3130d3398b7e6b5787868cfc46.jpgThe drivetrain was an absolute nightmare to assemble. The whole crane took weeks to build but I found it quite therapeutic, if not frustrating at times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to enjoy building my lads Lego with him (more me than him ha) and yes i agree it was therapeutic and sometimes annoying 😂  hes 13 tomorrow and apparently too old for Lego now which I’m a bit upset about 🙈😂😂 

evidently not looking at this thread so it  looks like I’ll have to buy my own now. 

I have the Gt3 but I'm leaving that sealed for a rainy day. 

Had the Aston Martin db5 for my birthday and I'll start on that over the Xmas break. Looking forward to the relaxing build.

10 hours ago, Jabbafumi46 said:

My missus bought me the Lego GT3 for my birthday recently. I can highly recommend it for a rainy day, or even a sunny day 😊 I’m about half way through the drive train, the detail is incredible. 

Almost bought one for my nephew last Christmas...but piked out at the $700.00 price tag...:lol:..it is very, very cool though..:afro:

14 hours ago, Scotty2hotty said:

I used to enjoy building my lads Lego with him (more me than him ha) and yes i agree it was therapeutic and sometimes annoying 😂  hes 13 tomorrow and apparently too old for Lego now which I’m a bit upset about 🙈😂😂 

evidently not looking at this thread so it  looks like I’ll have to buy my own now. 

You should, I’m busy with the drive train and just assembled the front double wishbone suspension. The thought and design that went into it is astonishing. 

7 hours ago, Jabbafumi46 said:

You should, I’m busy with the drive train and just assembled the front double wishbone suspension. The thought and design that went into it is astonishing. 

I might just do that as it will give me something to do over Christmas while I go through a few bottles of corona 👌

Got the GT3 some time ago.
Was a great fun build. Loved how it tried to mirror the process when the shell and drive train come together like on the real assembly line.

I see Lego now has the Bugatti Chirion too.
Not a big fan of the look of that car. Otherwise I'd probably buy that too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have the GT3, Chiron and DB5. You can really tell the Chiron build is an evolution of the GT3 when you've done them both, way more complicated but very similar at the same time!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The GT3 was an awesome build and the first bit of lego I've bought/been given since being a kid. I would of gotten the Chiron as well but it just looks way too fugly for me (not to mention a tad expensive at £100 over the GT3 price). I've since been gifted the F40 creator series and then the Ideas Saturn V rocket this christmas. I'm starting to feel like this might turn into an expensive and uber nerdy new hobby...