blower

Golf R 2019 WLTP - Looses MPI (Dual Injection) !

What i also find laughable - which sorta goes with this whole WLTP nonsense of no one knowing what the f'ing car they're selling actually is.....

Is how the VW used car site is completely useless at telling you what options are on the car!

Half the listing's are missing off options in the spec list, which you can clearly see in the photo's....the other half are telling you it has things which you can clearly see it hasn't!

I've trawled through this site manually so many times as if you specify things like 'sunroof' on the advanced search, you will find it misses off cars that do have a sunroof, because the idiot dealer hasn't specified it had a sunroof.

Apparently this one comes with the performance pack....maybe they filled the holes back in on the front brake discs:

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/20-tsi-r-4motion-310ps-dsg-jqbubfc

Also recent cars seem to all have been first registered in July 2018 - yet its sat there with a 68 plate on it.

Also ive noticed it mentions some cars options at the bottom which are standard on the car! Such as active display and Discover navigation + European map data

this is misleading to those that don’t know a lot about what options come on the car.

Just now, dopper99 said:

Also ive noticed it mentions some cars options at the bottom which are standard on the car! Such as active display and Discover navigation + European map data

this is misleading to those that don’t know a lot about what options come on the car.

Oh yeah that's another one you see again and again. Even when you ring up and start asking what's on it, some dealers are not sure.

The whole network is just one big trade descriptions / consumer rights act infringement.

My dealer is currently refusing to refund my deposit on the cancelled order - that won't hold for long, i've done plenty of consumer law related court claims and i can tell you they are completely screwed....one legal letter and I know they will fold quicker than a deck chair.

5 hours ago, blower said:

Yeah saw that last night, almost spat my drink out when i saw it! £44,995 is crazy money.

Dealers really think they can charge not far off list price on these as they in demand.....and they barely move when you try to haggle.

Only thing it has over mine is nappa leather vs vienna....does make me feel a bit better about paying 37k! :D

Must admit am tempted as there is one on there close to my lease-spec I am waiting for but it's still nearly £29k and the used APR is rubbish so monthly payment is through the roof.

Just went through this thread awaiting a car with a post-WLTP 2.0 TSI. Even though I wasn't exactly happy with the news, I don't think I am cancelling my order. To my knowledge at least, very few US cars with serious carbon buidup issues (engine replacement or similar) and when it actually becomes that bad, a valve cleaning is not the end of the world is it? Although for this to be true I'd need to brake my record and stay with the car for more than 5 years / 60k KM which I've only managed once 😛

I am more worried about tuning potential, especially as I was considering a BT setup with this car that might now prove problematic.

However, I was wondering how much trouble is it to install one of these: 

http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=87

Either as a precautionary measure for those worried, or as a support mod for those after the same big numbers as the ones hit by pre-WLTP cars?

1 hour ago, clarky2015 said:

Just to confirm 100% this change , this photo is of an engine of a post WLTP MY19 Audi S3. As you can see it's no longer dual injection:

20190111_144809.jpg

Thanks for sharing that....with the R having the same engine code that confirms it 100%.

48 minutes ago, blower said:

Thanks for sharing that....with the R having the same engine code that confirms it 100%.

Is the engine code the same in th cupra 300? 

I presume so, not sure how to check 

I can confirm it for the Cupra ST 300 4Drive as well, although I have no pictures to prove it.

I have the car on order and it was built this week. I forwarded this topic to my dealer and asked if my car is in the same situation and after investigating he confirmed.

I was almost 100% sure this would be the case, because I'm not expecting VW to build several engine specifications if it doesn't have to. And even if it did, I would not expect that Golf-R / Audi would get the bad version and Cupra the good one...

10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I found the answer on the Cupra forum:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/model-year-19-cupra-st-4-drive-resonator-delete-issue.448585/

The single resonator on the 2018 model has been replaced by two smaller ones & the exhaust system splits.

Thanks 

So the cupras have a different exhaust system to the S3 now then? Would explain why the cupras sound ok  but the new S3's are fairly quiet