Sign in to follow this  
MichaelCuneo

Golf R 2012 First Mod Suggestions

Hey guys,

Got myself a Golf R 2012. Had it a year now. What's a suggestion for my very first mod... so far it's 100% clean straight from the last owner. 90,000kms on it.

Edited by MichaelCuneo
Spelling.

50 minutes ago, MichaelCuneo said:

Hey guys,

Got myself a Golf R 2012. Had it a year now. What's a suggestion for my very first mod... so far it's 100% clean straight from the last owner. 90,000kms on it.

How have you managed to resit the modding bug this long! 😯 Took me about a month before I caught the bug lol 

What sort of modding are you looking at doing? (power, visual, OEM+, etc)

Well I’ve got a warranty on the car which was my main concern to stop myself modding so early. 5 year from the dealer. I want to get better fuel consumption, smoother power across the entire range, it’s so sluggish to kick off... 

so far I’m hearing a definite Stage one from most people... a stronger Diverter, and everyone has suggested some intake system of some kind. 

Now to pick which ones. 🥺

As the other guys have said @MichaelCuneo, it's got to be a Stage 1 map. Where are you based?

The stock DV can fail, but honestly, I'm not sure you need to upgrade until Stage 3.

Stage 2+ is a sweet place to be on those cars. Map, intake, downpipe with decat or 200 cell cat & HP fuel pump. Job done. Intercooler if you're somewhere warm or hammer the car. 

If you want handling, then Bilstein PSS10 B16s & HR ARBs are tried, tested and proven to work.