67MK7.5R

Exhaust flaps

23 minutes ago, Dan_7R said:

Regardless of what mode you are in or DSG selection the flaps are constantly opening and closing depending on throttle positions and rpm.

If you code the flaps out completely on 7.5R the exhaust “character” will be lost. The intensity of the pops and bangs are dependent on the flaps being coded in especially downshift pops.

The 7R is completely different.

If you code the flaps completely for the Mk7 R do you know what the outcome is by any chance as you mention it’s different to the 7.5R? 

50 minutes ago, Dan_7R said:

The 7R is completely different.

22 minutes ago, RGirl said:

If you code the flaps completely for the Mk7 R do you know what the outcome is by any chance as you mention it’s different to the 7.5R? 

Correct me if I'm wrong Dan, but i think the what he means is the 7.5 has software to give more pops and bangs so this will be affected if you code for flaps at all times whereas, on the 7 it doesn't have this software so it shouldn't affect the car to have the flaps open at all times.

I'm hoping the res delete will be enough to give a deeper and throatier noise and i can leave the flaps as they are because I'd like to hear the pops and bangs. At the minute with the stock exhaust it is barely noticeable

I wouldn't say it makes it throatier but it raises the volume especially with the flaps open, you get louder farts and louder pops and bangs on overrun etc but you do get drone, you will decide pretty quickly if it's something you can live with day to day or not...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

I wouldn't say it makes it throatier but it raises the volume especially with the flaps open, you get louder farts and louder pops and bangs on overrun etc but you do get drone, you will decide pretty quickly if it's something you can live with day to day or not...

I don't think i'll mind the drone if it sounds as good as this does!! The stock sound is very similar to how mine is and then the de-res is exactly what i'm looking for

3 hours ago, Sequence said:

don't need an aftermarket exhaust as the tone of the stock back box imho is the best.

3 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Have to totally disagree with that, yes a res delete is ok apart from the drone but doesn't hold a candle to an aftermarket catback system

To settle the debate please watch this video! WOW is all I can say. I know what i want for Christmas 🤤

I don't think i'll mind the drone if it sounds as good as this does!! The stock sound is very similar to how mine is and then the de-res is exactly what i'm looking for

I would say that has the valves open in that clip, exactly how mine sounded

To settle the debate please watch this video! WOW is all I can say. I know what i want for Christmas 

Now THAT is throatier

No debate I've had stock/Res delete/aftermarket catback

I couldn't justify close to £2k for what I have though...

1 minute ago, SpursMadDave said:

Now THAT is throatier emoji41.png

I have no personal experience of the aftermarket options  im sure they are great but i do think many are a little overpriced considering how well a deres stock system sounds. 

3 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Now THAT is throatier emoji41.png

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

I have no personal experience of the aftermarket options  im sure they are great but i do think many are a little overpriced considering how well a deres stock system sounds. 

Yeah i agree it is overpriced new. As much as i love the sound, I'm going to be inside the car and not hearing that amazing noise so can't justify the costs either unless a very cheap bargain comes along as my neighbours will be enjoying it much more.

A de-res is definitely the best value for money

4 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Sorry I meant exactly how yours will.sound emoji6.png

😈 Looking forward to it even more now after watching some YouTube clips

Now that I do agree with, I was looking at BCS/Milltek/Scorpion and wanted valved, resonated and black/CF tips and they were all between £1.5 - 2k got very lucky with the Remus as it came with everything I wanted and would have been £1850 new, I paid a fair bit less than half that.

I agree the stock box with a res delete sounds great and would have stuck with that fairly happily as I don't do too many long trips

Looking forward to it even more now after watching some YouTube clips
YouTube vids never do exhausts justice as you don't get the resonance that goes with it which can be good or bad depending in your point of view. For example you can be sat at lights next to a scooby and it sounds great... but your whole car is shaking so imagine what its like inside it

1 minute ago, SpursMadDave said:

YouTube vids never do exhausts justice as you don't get the resonance that goes with it which can be good or bad depending in your point of view. For example you can be sat at lights next to a scooby and it sounds great... but your whole car is shaking so imagine what its like inside it emoji37.png

😂😂 All part of the parcel when trying to make your car louder. Can't have everything the way we want it so got to be a bit of a compromise

All part of the parcel when trying to make your car louder. Can't have everything the way we want it so got to be a bit of a compromise
You should listen to some of the R's on the FB page... decats, deres and demufflered sound like grenades and fireworks going off awful