Bob

MOT emissions results for stage 2 cars with 200 cell cats

Anyone else got these? Mine passed by the skin of its teeth- Right on the limit for fast idle (0.2) and 0.288 natural idle - limit 0.3. First MOT.

Stage 2 revo with Scorpion. Passed first time and they did the emissions test first at nearby tester to tuner. Cat will not have been red hot though. A pass is a pass and I suppose one can say scorpion has got the best out of it.

Cheers

Bob

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Anyone else got these? Mine passed by the skin of its teeth- Right on the limit for fast idle (0.2) and 0.288 natural idle - limit 0.3. First MOT.

Stage 2 revo with Scorpion. Passed first time and they did the emissions test first at nearby tester to tuner. Cat will not have been red hot though. A pass is a pass and I suppose one can say scorpion has got the best out of it.

Cheers

Bob

Don't have my results to hand but I run a full turbo back BCS exhaust with sports car and have to make sure it's hot for the emissions test. First year they were running late so car was cold. Failed miserably. Had to take the car for a run and try again. This year no issues.

Just now, Marty77 said:

Don't have my results to hand but I run a full turbo back BCS exhaust with sports car and have to make sure it's hot for the emissions test. First year they were running late so car was cold. Failed miserably. Had to take the car for a run and try again. This year no issues.

Cheers - forgot to say these are CO results - rest well within limits.

Just now, Bob said:

@Marty77 sorry forgot to ask - this year ok as cat nice and hot and no delay? Cheers

Yeah exactly that mate, no issues this year as the car arrived and was taken instantly. They performed the test first.

14 minutes ago, Marty77 said:

The person carrying out the test needs to be making sure engine is pretty much at normal running temp - based on oil temp and not water. This means should never be a cold test carried out, if ever failed ask for engine oil temperature at time of test.

3 minutes ago, Gavras said:

The person carrying out the test needs to be making sure engine is pretty much at normal running temp - based on oil temp and not water. This means should never be a cold test carried out, if ever failed ask for engine oil temperature at time of test.

Absolutely true but the oil temp can get relatively quickly back up to speed but with the cat less so cheers.

3 minutes ago, podpod said:

Was the car hot when tested?

Up to temp oil-wise but probably not particularly hot cat. It got taken from tuner to mot and looks like done fairly quickly.

Edited by Bob

Just now, Bob said:

Up to temp oil-wise but probably not particularly hot cat.

I've had older cars where you'd have to give it a "blast" to make sure the cat was hot. A pass is a pass tho

1 minute ago, podpod said:

I've had older cars where you'd have to give it a "blast" to make sure the cat was hot. A pass is a pass tho

I think there is room to get the cat hotter - see amended post above. Cheers bob

Interesting! I'll be in the same position next winter. So I guess I'll be going for a good run before heading to my very local test station. Must rmember to ask them to test emissions right away while everything's still nice and warm.