Shug

Sad story, but am I missing something here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46804698

Another stabbing in London, but am I the only one wondering why the 14 yr old described in the article as “a polite kid, he was really respectful. He's a good kid," was riding around on a moped I guess without a licence and insurance as you need to be 16?

Not justifying what happened but asking why no mention that something else may have been going on here...

Nope your not. This is being missed reported. Wtf was he up to on the scooter under age??

Knowing what’s going on in London more than likely on the Rob and targeted by vidualanties.

Most people don’t understand and I think the press are being compassionate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar to when I was a teenager. We heard that the police were doing a scheme where you could work on cars and then drive them at Wimbledon stock car track. 

Popped down to local nick nick after seeing article and were told scheme was only open to youth offenders. We were told to get on the scheme we had to nick a few cars and then we’d be accepted... 

It must be the worst thing in the world to for a parent or parents to lose a child so young and in such a way, but this was a targeted attack and hasn’t happened because he was a “polite” boy. 

the scooter was probably stolen and was probably ridden round most of the time with a balaclava on as a helmet robbing people and/or doing a certain type of delivery. 

Maybe we shouldn’t judge or assume these type of things but what else do you think or believe, 14 yrs old illegally riding round on a scooter and to be targeted in such a way, he’s obviously upset someone more than just pinching a packet of sweets from them. 

Unfortunately society is slowly breaking down and the government and parents need to take responsibility. Shame he died but why was he on a moped at that age? Kid was being stupid no doubt and paid for it with his life.

But in general things like this happen everyday now and it's mostly us law abiding citizens that get stuffed. Like that poor guy who got stabbed to death at the train station with his son last week and that old bloke who accidentally killed a burglar but then gets threatened by travellers. Makes me sick!!!

Even in this video some stupid cow is standing up for the Thief!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There seems to be a gradual breakdown in respect for life and respect for other people and their property. Perhaps we have become so PC that nobody is willing to draw the line in the upbringing of kids. Schools are scared to say anything and blame the parents which in many cases don't care for their children. Many of these kids now don't know when they are stepping over that line. Austerity cuts have meant that both the Police and Social services are so stretched that they cannot cope. This leads to the position we are now in, which I am afraid will only get worse. Perhaps in some areas of large cities " a good kid" is one that doesn't carry a knife?

Old phrase - "don't do the crime if you can't do the time"....

14 and out at that time, on a moped, illegally - far more behind this which is blatantly obvious to anyone with independent though unlike most of the Jeremy Kyle watching, dribbling, stella drinking muppets who watch the news at ten.

No sympathy here even if it was a targeted attack - theres a reason he was hit.

I am surprised I have lasted this long to not comment.

I can't write half the things I want to but I echo the thoughts of many other posters here.

general society is so screwed with all this PC stuff you can't say anything. I got a smack when I was a boy if I did something very wrong, now you would probably do longer in prison for smacking your own child than a murderer.

It doesn't pay to be a good citizan any more, the general PC brigade have really screwed with society.

This boy may have been a "good boy" around his family, but I am sorry a 14 year old, riding a scooter which he is not allowed to do is not a "good boy".

Don't get me wrong we all made mistakes growing up, did silly things, but not on this scale.

Too right Gazza.  If I f**ked about my dad would Bruce Lee me to the face.

Most kids now unfortunately have lazy parents and they are learning bad habits off them.  I remember hitting 18 and my parents saying your an adult now and you can do what you want but if you get arrested or do something stupid then your on your own and don't bother calling us.  That always stuck with me when I was being a Jack the lad.

A lot of people just shouldn't have kids as they don't spend anytime with them or they are told to go express themselves and don't worry do what you want when you want. Plus the police don't help either!!!!

All they do is harash people for not having a TV license. But if a kid beat up a pensioner or stabbed someone they more or less get away with it.  I've been watching this guy on youtube a little while and he sums up how useless the police are with real issues    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1pxxueCTs&t=326s

If you read down a bit he apparently had a knife taken off him a few weeks back so maybe not the cherub his family are making out. I'm so glad my kids are grown up now. I was out riding mopeds at about 14 but in the fields not on the road and nobody I knew ever had a knife. Anyway always 2 sides to every story he may have just got mixed up with the wrong crowd or he could have been a vicious nasty little @@@@ I doubt we will ever know each way.

One thing is definite and that is it's a terrible waste of a young life whatever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kids do silly things, we all did.

We all had trouble with other kids. If it came to it, we settled it with a punch up.

These days everyone seems scared of a black eye so they just take a life instead?......wtf