VW17GLF

Stage 3 Now for Venom

Hi all,

Booked in for my Stage 2+ with Unicorn. 

Hardware I currently have is

Littco L450 Turbo

Airtec Intercooler

Forge Intake

Turboback BCS Powervalve with 100 Cell Cat (Need to make another thread on this soon)

Turbo Muffler Delete

I'd call it Stage 2 plus as I don't need to upgrade fuel pumps on it which saves a bit of money (All coming from the guys at Littco, not being cheap and not upgrading them).

Car should be 450hp which is plenty (Been Stage 2 before but the turbo blew and put everything back to stock again in my panic)

Once the car has been dyno'd, I'll put the graph on here for you all to view :)

Sorry for the lack of updates, had some things change to the plans.

So now that is fitted;

Littco L500 Turbo

VIS HPFP

Littco LPFP

Airtec Big Boost Pipes

4 BAR MAP Sensor

Racingline Turbo Elbow

RS7 Spark Plugs

Airtec Intercooler

Forge Intake

Turboback BCS Powervalve with 100 Cell Cat

Turbo Muffler Delete

The car is being re-remapped again to suit this Wednesday 13th by Unicorn so will be able to see then how much of a beast it is!

Technically you are now Stage 3 mate 😎

Typically the '+' in any Stage 'X+'  tune denotes additional fuelling upgrades. You'd be classed as Stage 3 even when you were going for the L450 (no HPFP required) or now with the L500 (HPFP upgrade required). Stage 3 is basically a non-OEM turbo, mostly a hybrid or larger.

Look forward to the results on this machine - bet you're excited! 😃

45 minutes ago, samx300 said:

Technically you are now Stage 3 mate 😎

Typically the '+' in any Stage 'X+'  tune denotes additional fuelling upgrades. You'd be classed as Stage 3 even when you were going for the L450 (no HPFP required) or now with the L500 (HPFP upgrade required). Stage 3 is basically a non-OEM turbo, mostly a hybrid or larger.

Look forward to the results on this machine - bet you're excited! 😃

I should change the name to Stage 3 then! :)

Yeah very excited, can't wait.

Just seen on yours that it's undergoing heart surgery, what happened to it?

27 minutes ago, PocketRocket said:

Wow. Looking forward to read more.
Good luck emoji1696.png

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Thank you !

2 hours ago, VW17GLF said:

I should change the name to Stage 3 then! :)

Yeah very excited, can't wait.

Just seen on yours that it's undergoing heart surgery, what happened to it?

Thank you !

I was Stage 3 back in 2016 running 500HP+. Last remap with MRC was in Nov 2017 at 520PS but that was at 2.45 bar (35.5PSI). Unfortunately my engine gave up (rod out the block, check my Insta) in May 2018. I've been working on a major project ever since and its' all very close to completion. Car is now running on a fully forged engine, just the final mapping that remains. All will be disclosed in time :)

44 minutes ago, samx300 said:

I was Stage 3 back in 2016 running 500HP+. Last remap with MRC was in Nov 2017 at 520PS but that was at 2.45 bar (35.5PSI). Unfortunately my engine gave up (rod out the block, check my Insta) in May 2018. I've been working on a major project ever since and its' all very close to completion. Car is now running on a fully forged engine, just the final mapping that remains. All will be disclosed in time :)

Ooh dear, that's not good! Hopefully mine doesn't give up like that! 😮 

Ooo, will follow you and keep an eye out then!

I was Stage 3 back in 2016 running 500HP+. Last remap with MRC was in Nov 2017 at 520PS but that was at 2.45 bar (35.5PSI). Unfortunately my engine gave up (rod out the block, check my Insta) in May 2018. I've been working on a major project ever since and its' all very close to completion. Car is now running on a fully forged engine, just the final mapping that remains. All will be disclosed in time

May I ask how long did you last on 2.45 bar ...I’ve been on 2.35 bar for few months last year then went down to 2.05 bar for summer but at the moment at 2.2 bar file for sometime..I ve seen guys going for 2.45 bar and they said it’s too addictive and it’s too hard to go back to normal file eventually they had same issue as you the engine gave up with time.

Looking forward to see your beefed up beast with other goodies on it I guess ...good luck buddy with your project ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, VW17GLF said:

Sorry for the lack of updates, had some things change to the plans.

So now that is fitted;

Littco L500 Turbo

VIS HPFP

Littco LPFP

Airtec Big Boost Pipes

4 BAR MAP Sensor

Racingline Turbo Elbow

RS7 Spark Plugs

Airtec Intercooler

Forge Intake

Turboback BCS Powervalve with 100 Cell Cat

Turbo Muffler Delete

The car is being re-remapped again to suit this Wednesday 13th by Unicorn so will be able to see then how much of a beast it is!

Did you have it mapped with the L450 turbo, if so how did that go also why did you go Airtech rather than the usual Wagner intercooler?

Thats the route I would like to go when funds permit.

8 hours ago, VW17GLF said:

It was mapped with it on but the turbo was faulty so Littco was going to send a replacement but decided to go for L500 instead

Went for the Airtec purely on price. I know the Wagner is better but the Airtec is more than sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Rsleyum said:

May I ask how long did you last on 2.45 bar ...I’ve been on 2.35 bar for few months last year then went down to 2.05 bar for summer but at the moment at 2.2 bar file for sometime..I ve seen guys going for 2.45 bar and they said it’s too addictive and it’s too hard to go back to normal file eventually they had same issue as you the engine gave up with time.

Looking forward to see your beefed up beast with other goodies on it I guess ...good luck buddy with your project ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Around 2 years mate and ~18K miles. That was with absolute mechanical sympathy, on-point servicing and minimal c**t style driving. That boost level certainly is addictive but not so much when you're left with pieces of the conrods as a memento... 😓

Apologies to the OP for this blatant threadjacking. I do not mean to cause you any concerns on your Stage 3 journey 🙃

IMG_20180504_102216.thumb.jpg.c4fe1a6a36db4478f6a35fcc1484490a.jpg

Around 2 years mate and ~18K miles. That was with absolute mechanical sympathy, on-point servicing and minimal c**t style driving. That boost level certainly is addictive but not so much when you're left with pieces of the conrods as a memento... 

Apologies to the OP for this blatant threadjacking. I do not mean to cause you any concerns on your Stage 3 journey 

IMG_20180504_102216.thumb.jpg.c4fe1a6a36db4478f6a35fcc1484490a.jpg

Don’t worry about it! Best to let people know what can happen.

Mine wouldn’t be running near that boost level anyway, just for more reliability and daily use.

Fingers crossed all will be good with it. Will know more tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk