ellixtt

JB4 - CANbus

Hoping for some wisdom on 2 things, firstly if I purchase a JB4 pre-owned will I still get the help with a custom map 6 or is this only possible if purchased from new?

Secondly I was scanning around and found this on the JB4 thread:

“Can I run the JB4 with another device connected to the CANbus?

No, any other device connected to the OBD port  creates latency on the CANbus. The CANbus was designed to allow one device at a time and further data being pulled may create safety issues on the network as well as bad signal to the JB4”

I have Autowatch Ghost fitted to my car which always runs off the CANbus, could this great issues for me or does it simply mean when the JB4 is fitted do not use the OBD port? 

6 minutes ago, ellixtt said:

Hoping for some wisdom on 2 things, firstly if I purchase a JB4 pre-owned will I still get the help with a custom map 6 or is this only possible if purchased from new?

Secondly I was scanning around and found this on the JB4 thread:

“Can I run the JB4 with another device connected to the CANbus?

No, any other device connected to the OBD port  creates latency on the CANbus. The CANbus was designed to allow one device at a time and further data being pulled may create safety issues on the network as well as bad signal to the JB4”

I have Autowatch Ghost fitted to my car which always runs off the CANbus, could this great issues for me or does it simply mean when the JB4 is fitted do not use the OBD port? 

Un sure on your question regarding Autowatch Ghost but i purchased my JB4 second hand and recieved great support with a custom map 6 from George @ bms

1 minute ago, Dominic said:

Un sure on your question regarding Autowatch Ghost but i purchased my JB4 second hand and recieved great support with a custom map 6 from George @ bms

Okay that’s good to hear! I was about to purchase a second hand one but I’m sure I’ve read online in the past about only getting custom support if your the original purchaser, I wouldn’t want to spend money on a device and not receive support 😔

You can't run anything els along side the JB4, as soon as it detects slow transfer rate in data, fail safe will be activated and it will go to bypass mode, I have read this on n54 forums. 
Is that via the OBD port though or patched in like the autowatch, or both?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, WHY.A.H.WHY.A said:

You can't run anything els along side the JB4, as soon as it detects slow transfer rate in data, fail safe will be activated and it will go to bypass mode, I have read this on n54 forums. 

The AWG taps into the wire harness so it doesn’t occupy the OBD port, would this still cause problems between the two?

The AWG taps into the wire harness so it doesn’t occupy the OBD port, would this still cause problems between the two?
That's what I am wondering as im considering the AWG... all down to latency I guess but why would the ghost be monitoring anything other than when the vehicle is locked?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had both on for around 10 months now.

I think the issue is with devices that share the OBD connector and reduce bandwidth from it bit like connecting too many devices to works Wi-fi LoL it just grinds to a halt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro