acdoctor

We buy any car

So I’ve decided to sell my R , I was thinking of selling it privately and I reckon it’s worth 20k , put my reg into we buy any car expecting the worst , came back with £19k 

2015 , 3 door , dsg, oryx, Nav, dynaudio , car play, car net, bbs wheels , Tyres are low at 3-4mm

should I try private or try we buy any old shite 

any advise appreciated cheers 

I used we buy any car for my astra, yeah I admit the one or two things they knocked off I wasn't best pleased about, but I knew it needed a new clutch and DMF, so wasn't too fussed when they offered me 3500, admittedly they sold it at car giant for £5250, but as I have joined the leasing game, I couldn't be bothered with the private buyers etc.

WeBuyAnyCar are notorious for valuing the car higher than they’re willing to pay to entice you in and once they take a look around the car they will easily knock a few thousand off the car. 

Best thing to do is put it on for sale slightly more than the trade in price 20.5k as this will be low for private price. 

Try advertising on the MK7 R Facebook group to gauge interest. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1541477379484574

On 15/01/2019 at 20:18, acdoctor said:

So I’ve decided to sell my R , I was thinking of selling it privately and I reckon it’s worth 20k , put my reg into we buy any car expecting the worst , came back with £19k 

2015 , 3 door , dsg, oryx, Nav, dynaudio , car play, car net, bbs wheels , Tyres are low at 3-4mm

should I try private or try we buy any old shite 

any advise appreciated cheers 

yQiJR1n.jpg

you can get lucky with WBAC  I got offered £19k trade in recently for my 2016 white 3dr with DCC and Prets and got just over £22k from WBAC and that was with them knocking me down £500 for a few stone chips. Its a bit randon on how they  check  as they went over the front end very thoroughly and then wizzed over the rest and missed that 2 of the wheels had minor scuffs and that the tyres were fairly low.

WBAC offered just under 10K for my Mk 6 R. I may try this tootle place. Or maybe keep her.... she is pretty!

What experience to people have selling to main dealers? I imagine if you're not Part ex'ing you take a big hit?