FamousAfroJay

Insurance renewal

1 hour ago, Hugh said:

They refused to even quote me!

Same here. Spent 20min going through 3 cars multi car details then just said unable to quote. Poor show. Will phone them tomorrow. 

My renewal from elephant is £255 for my golf and £280 for my vrs. So not sure what makes me such a risk with LV. 

Didn't bother with LV in the end as I phoned Elephant to change a few details (Multicar) as swmbo has points and I have changed jobs..

Had to take Mrs off the R but got that for £173.04 at 6k miles with Motor Legal Protection, fully comp and protected NCB.

Octavia with mrs on is £290 for 13k miles per year and same cover as above.

LV raised mine this year from £276 to £320, no accidents or points and in excess of 9 yrs NCD..... Time to shop around again, its such a pain having to do this as they rip you off for staying with them....

My renewal with LV was £358 vs a brand new quote from them of £550 (and no-one else was cheaper than that either). Max NCB, no points, 34 years old. Not sure what happened there but not gonna complain.

After all the praise for LV I just got a multicar quote , £538 for 3 cars, fully comp, no claims protection.

My wife had a bump last year just days before I got the R and it added £50 to have her as named driver. With LV it brought the price down adding her (although she has never, and will not drive the R as it scares her LOL)

Well happy