came across this video last night , first pics i saw i wasn't keen but seeing the red golf i will have to wait and see.  

had not seen this video so just thought i would share.

Looks legit, in line with their new styling. Absolutely horrendous, like all new cars seem to be. Maybe I'll warm to it, but I thought that about the new A class, which is still painfully ugly to me...

i didn't like the look of the black golf but the red one looks better . wont know for sure until i see it up close , i think it looks better than the A class .

Looks better than the artist rendering I have seen but the front still looks a bit wrong. Like they wanted the lights to look low down and cool, then remembered the bonnet had to be raised for pedestrian safety,

I guess the main thing will be how it drives and whether there will be an R estate (for me, anyway ...)

1 hour ago, DaveGrohl said:

Uuurgh, that front end is all wrong. As someone said it looks like it's had its top lip pulled down. The 7 looked "right" form day 1, this doesn't, it's bland.

Aye it just looks wrong - it's as if there is a massive hump going down most of the bonnet, the lines are just all wrong.

Possible this is just some pre-production monstrosity driving round.

Aye it just looks wrong - it's as if there is a massive hump going down most of the bonnet, the lines are just all wrong.
Possible this is just some pre-production monstrosity driving round.

Looks like a lot of effort to go to though!