BlueNGT

No Brand Racingline style paddles

Afternoon All,

Decided to keep my car and make some changes.

BCS res delete going on this Thursday, GTD Grille fitted, new Black/Blue badges and I ordered some paddles off Amazon that looked identical to Racingline.

Arrived to day and fitted them but they look identical to Racingline without the branding which I actually like.

£60 instead of £192....that lettering is certainly not worth £132 in my eyes.

Paddles 1.JPG

Paddles 2.JPG

Yep I have the same ones, some things are worth paying extra for and some aren't, these paddles work and feel exactly the ad as ones that are 3x more. I would never fit cheap tyres, cheap engine parts or put cheap fuel in but I would recommend these

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nothing poor quality goes on my cars! I’d guess these are basically unbranded Racingline ones.

They are not stick on, they replace the original ones.

Dropped in price now....only £55. Took a couple of weeks to get here from China but the wait didn’t bother me.

HIGH FLYING Aluminum Alloy Steering Wheel DSG Upgrade DSG Paddle shifters Extensions Gear Extensions 2pcs For Mk7 R GTI GTD GTE Piano 2014-2017 Car Accessory VWG7 (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DQKS692/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MWWyCbGMYY4F5

Hopefully the link works.

6 hours ago, BlueNGT said:

Afternoon All,

Decided to keep my car and make some changes.

BCS res delete going on this Thursday, GTD Grille fitted, new Black/Blue badges and I ordered some paddles off Amazon that looked identical to Racingline.

Arrived to day and fitted them but they look identical to Racingline without the branding which I actually like.

£60 instead of £192....that lettering is certainly not worth £132 in my eyes.

Paddles 1.JPG

Paddles 2.JPG

They look like an absolute bargain👍

Like many others I just couldn't bring myself to pay the extravagant price asked for the genuine RacingLine paddles.  For what they are I considered it was too much to pay.

I bought some very similar from aliexpress with a "CARART" engraved on the bottom .  The only issue was that the right one was ever so slightly loose on the plastic pin, but you don't notice it in use.  Unfortunately some more recent buyers have had trouble with fitting them because they weren't machined properly for the pins or something.

They do make changing gears manually easier than the smaller factory paddles.

To cover the Badge backing I am either going to cut a side blade R emblem down to make a custom badge using the GTD badge holder or get another badge to put on the backing (I've got on order but wont say what it is until I see what it looks like).

Like many others I just couldn't bring myself to pay the extravagant price asked for the genuine RacingLine paddles.  For what they are I considered it was too much to pay.

I bought some very similar from aliexpress with a "CARART" engraved on the bottom .  The only issue was that the right one was ever so slightly loose on the plastic pin, but you don't notice it in use.  Unfortunately some more recent buyers have had trouble with fitting them because they weren't machined properly for the pins or something.

They do make changing gears manually easier than the smaller factory paddles.
Yeah there was a bad batch that were not machined properly, I got a refund and then drilled them myself and they are a great fit now so I paid about £5 for mine

I have had several cars with paddles, never seen any for a price of almost £200 I wouldn't expect to pay that unless there were none available and I was paying dornsome bespoke ones!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have these unbranded VWR ones from eBay (China) but mine are slightly different in the way that the + and - is etched in vs punched but it doesn’t bother me.

They fit and work perfectly but the are sloghtly loose and have a tiny amount of wobble in, I need to see if I can pad it out and remove it but not sure which bits causing the wobble.

Still I paid £16.50 instead of £192 😂

I haven't seen the Racingline ones but they look like they could be the sane item just with the branding added.

£192 is crazy money, maybe if they were Carbon I could imagine the manufacture cost to be high but these, nope!!

4 hours ago, ellixtt said:

I have these unbranded VWR ones from eBay (China) but mine are slightly different in the way that the + and - is etched in vs punched but it doesn’t bother me.

They fit and work perfectly but the are sloghtly loose and have a tiny amount of wobble in, I need to see if I can pad it out and remove it but not sure which bits causing the wobble.

Still I paid £16.50 instead of £192 😂

The wobble may be caused by the holes for the plastic pins being slightly too large.  I suppose you could fill the holes with epoxy or similar and then re-drill, but it would be very fiddly and unless you get the hole/s precisely the right size the pins could either jam (if too small or not correctly aligned), or still wobble (if too large).  Unless the tiny wobble affects the functionality or really, really annoys you, I'd be tempted to leave well enough alone (which is what I did). 

Your price was certainly very good.  👍