FJ1000

Anyone Know this Car? Revo Stage 4: KT15 LYY

Hi Guys

Newbie here - on the hunt for a 5dr mk7 DSG.

Just came across this on eBay, and details are sketchy at best. It's landed at a dealer, who doesn't seem to have many specifics. It is insurance recorded (haven't burned a HPI check on it yet - will get a bit more info first).

The spec is very good (e.g. leather, pan roof), especially with the mk 7.5 upgrades. It's been modified and mapped to revo stage 4 - have reached out to revo to see if they have more info, and the car dealer is going to check if they can ascertain which revo dealer did the work.

Just wondering if anyone knows this car?

It feels like I should probably run a mile - but I'd like some more info first!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254130129259

Looks like they retro fitted digital dash and infotainment unit,loads of vids on YouTube of ppl doing this,nice rear lights,front lights and bumper still mk7,for the price I would get a clean mk7 from dealer,this ones prolly been launched every day.

Cannot see the upside, that would have anyone take a punt as thats what it will be and an expensive one - Secure a really clean example with rock solid provenance and save yourself a little in the budget to reputedly map if thats what wish to do still - its not as if the R is a rare car, lots of clean examples out there and with the new cars now arriving and order books open prices should settle again in the 2nd hand market. 

As one last comment, ignore the extras like the driver display as any tempter as in reality they add very little to the experience, a decent MK 7 R as it comes out of the box is just as good as its about the driving experience anything else above the standard is preference and minor comforts/convenience. 

What a sensible bunch you are! 😉

I'm pretty sure you're all correct (thanks for reassuring me that running a mile is the correct response), but I thought I should check in case I was missing a trick!

I'm still intrigued to know the history though. Someone spent a lot of money on this! I put a couple of feelers out so will let you all know what comes back

So...the hunt continues. If anyone knows of a 5dr DSG (not in blue/red), with black leather, and ideally pan roof, 19s and the pro nav, < £20k - let me know! 

What a sensible bunch you are! 

I'm pretty sure you're all correct (thanks for reassuring me that running a mile is the correct response), but I thought I should check in case I was missing a trick!

I'm still intrigued to know the history though. Someone spent a lot of money on this! I put a couple of feelers out so will let you all know what comes back

So...the hunt continues. If anyone knows of a 5dr DSG (not in blue/red), with black leather, and ideally pan roof, 19s and the pro nav,  
Maybe try the major tuners and see if they know it? It does sound very cheap and like others have said most likely for a reason, but if you know your way around a vehicle then maybe worth the risk?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FJ1000 said:

What a sensible bunch you are! 😉

So...the hunt continues. If anyone knows of a 5dr DSG (not in blue/red), with black leather, and ideally pan roof, 19s and the pro nav, < £20k - let me know! 

If it’s a local car I would still go take a look just out if interest, it could be a really nice genuine car but it does seem very cheap. 

I would try and do some mileage checks as well as the mileage can’t be changed on the new clocks so although they read 24k it might not be the mileage on that car. 

38 minutes ago, Scotty2hotty said:

If it’s a local car I would still go take a look just out if interest, it could be a really nice genuine car but it does seem very cheap. 

I would try and do some mileage checks as well as the mileage can’t be changed on the new clocks so although they read 24k it might not be the mileage on that car. 

Thats what concerned me most, new clock = new made up mileage? 

If you are really a hands on car person and nothing is beyond your capability and knowledge I can see how you can save some good money and get some great cars on CAT classed cars - thats not me! and all the uncertainties would taint my enjoyment of the car especially if an ugly unknown surfaced sometime after purchase. 

Out of plain curiosity it would be nice to know more on the particular car though just to see how far we are right or wrong on our first thoughts 

The plot thickens!

Like I said - I'm still curious on the history/story of this car, so had sent out a couple of enquiries.

Revo couldn't find any info from the reg - but said if I find the VIN, they could look up that way.

The seller is refusing to give out the VIN...

Unfortunately, this car is nowhere near me (in Durham, and I'm in Surrey) - otherwise I'd go have a good look, note down as much info as I can, and then go off and do some due diligence.

What i had in mind was if this car was cat D for being stolen/recovered rather than a major accident - and then lost in the trade as the owner moved on - it might still be a good find. But at the moment - seems very iffy!

Alright. Curiosity got the better of me. Burned a HPI check on it

It's had 6 owners

Cat D due to damage, not theft

Only one MOT because of the age (so only one mileage reading)

Found a previous registration DNZ 191 --> sent to Revo. I that a N. Irish plate?

Been watching too many detective programs. I'm expecting to find a clip of this in some police chase !