blower

Golf - now confirmed dead (new photos)

15 minutes ago, belfast col said:

Not sure we should all panic just yet.

The GTi and R will always be pumped up and this image isn't so bad!!

Early artists impressions are all well and good, but this thing is fat, squinted and long. I'm sure the GTI and R versions will be more aggressive looking but there is nowt they can do about the bulging bonnet, astra looking wheel base and stunted front.....also bear in mind the above very recent carwow artists picture is an R-Line - which if is true to form is exactly how a Golf R will look.

4 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

GOLF written on the back of a GTI. It’s a mk1 revisit!  Just ten times bigger! :D

Those GTI artists impressions are very old - they have got the  old, pre mk7.5, radar in the bottom grill!

Not going to look like this I'm pretty certain. Until Volkswagen announces something I'm not passing comment on it. 

There has been apparent leaks of photos all over the place. The 'R' boss came out and said the R should be more aggressive AFAIK. 

15 minutes ago, JJB said:

Not going to look like this I'm pretty certain. Until Volkswagen announces something I'm not passing comment on it. 

There has been apparent leaks of photos all over the place. The 'R' boss came out and said the R should be more aggressive AFAIK. 

And the R boss has said the new T-Roc R is a better drivers car than the golf r!

I think I will be leaving the R brand based on the looks of the next golf, I know we don't know completely what it looks like, but I don't use the R performance 80% of the time anyway so its wasted on me anyway!

On 04/03/2019 at 22:38, belfast col said:

Not sure we should all panic just yet.

The GTi and R will always be pumped up and this image isn't so bad!!

new_vw_golf_gti_54.jpg

new_vw_golf_gti_55.jpg

Looks very SEAT 

Having seen the Geneva VW presentation where all focus was on the semi autonomous, connected tech the MK 8 will maybe a be a step too far for many with the actual driving experience remaining static (no bad thing obviously given how good present is) but the additional tech more a put off than an attraction (is for me) 

the MK 8 will be no more than a MK 7.75 thats become clearer and clearer since ditched the hybrid drives and where semi autonomous tech is seemingly where the big sale lies (which will likely draw more to the standard Golf, but GTI and R drivers buy their cars for a reason, to drive them!!)